Steel studs on speedo mount

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the steel studs on the bottom of the speedo/handle bar mount are removable??? It connects the mount to the top triple tree.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I think they are thread locked in place but don't quote me on that. Why do you want to remove them?

Anodizing. Can not have any steel!! It will spark to all hell! Maybe its red lock tight?? The place still took it the guy wasn't positive but he said the may be able to work around it

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Get an old one to use as tester and try to unscrew them and not ruin your own...

If it comes to it you can cut them off. Then you can drill and tap holes for new studs. There must be a better option though. Now that I think of it, can you just cover them up with some type of insulation, such as shrink wrap. Maybe some silicone over them and then scrape it off after.

NO they are not they are cast in there.

Dam I knew it!

If it comes to it you can cut them off. Then you can drill and tap holes for new studs. There must be a better option though. Now that I think of it, can you just cover them up with some type of insulation, such as shrink wrap. Maybe some silicone over them and then scrape it off after.

Yea as I said the shop had them now maybe they could do something like that but I think when you anodizing it gets hot... im leaving for two week and forgot all about that part till yesterday right before I brought everything in.. maybe my dad can grab it if the cant do anything about it and drill them out and ill just throw a different stud in there

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Good luck ! Them things are in there pretty deep Spec Ops & I learned the hard way. Im sure with enough work you can drill & tap them though.

Kyle your not helping!!! Lol. I really hope they can work around it or it will really suck! :bang head:

Back