Steering dumper

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubari

Reaction score
Looking for dumper kit for 88 vmax. Prefer from EU. Any recommendations where and what to buy ? Thanks

I know of a lot of people that have spent way more....for way less....for a mod.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Can't see why anyone would spend money on one? The only time I had headshake was when the bearings needed attention. After proper maintenance it went away and never returned

Can't see why anyone would spend money on one? The only time I had headshake was when the bearings needed attention. After proper maintenance it went away and never returned
+1, I've had a conditional head shake of 40-50 mph right handers only and a quick adjustment of the headset bearings cured that ill. They look cool for sure, but to me they are a mask if you have a real issue.

+1, I've had a conditional head shake of 40-50 mph right handers only and a quick adjustment of the headset bearings cured that ill. They look cool for sure, but to me they are a mask if you have a real issue.
+1 I agree mine had the dredded head shake, took a while but finally got rid of it without buying a damper it can be done, also i know Lee had one on his bike ask him how many times he almost crashed because he cranked it up for some spirited riding and then forgot about it until he tried to turn into a parking lot and couldn't turn.

Put the $$ towards getting a widened stock rear wheel and convert to radial tires, they take care of so many handling issues. Of course, misadjusted head bearings will always be an issue, same for swingarm pivots out of spec, and worn suspension components.

Back