Steering head bearing wrench interest?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
I am having some more steering head nut wrenches made.

They will be ready to ship on December 6th.

These will assist in setting the steering bearing tightness on all 1st gen VMax's.

The Yamaha equivalent is around $80, P/N YU-01268

I am selling these for $25.00 including US shipping. Canadian orders are $26.00 including shipping.
From past experience, it takes 3 to 6 days for US deliveries and up to 3 weeks for Canadian deliveries. This will be around holiday peak shipping time, so time may be affected some.

I have sold 180 of these on here and the Venture site and they have been well received.

PM or email me if interested. Paypal preferred, check or money orders fine also.

I will confirm payment receipt with an email or PM when I get it.

Tool is laser cut from 304 Stainless Steel, 1/4" thick.

Nut and socket extension shown in pictures not included.

Pictures show one from the first run that was done in brushed S.S. Current ones are mill finish, not brushed.

Gary

PICT5201.jpg

PICT5203.jpg

PICT5204-1.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, I had two but now have one and another Vmax owner has one now too, but he has two Vmax's!?!?!
Nice craftsmanship and works great!

I will send an email or PM confirming payment when received and follow up with shipping date & delivery confirmation number when shipped on any orders.

Gary

I received the wrenches that I had ordered. They came in about 10 days sooner than expected.

I will get them in the mail to the members that have asked for one in Fridays mail.

I will send an email with shipping info when I print the shipping labels tomorrow.

I have orders for all 50 of this group at this point. I ordered another 50, which I should have in about 10 days if anyone else is interested.

Thanks for the orders.

:eusa_dance:

Gary

I received mine today, Waaaaaaayyy Earlier than originally expected. Every bit the quality promised. Thank You Gary....

Attachments

• Steering Head Wrench.jpg
    Steering Head Wrench.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 19
I have received another supply of wrenches if there is anyone else interested.

Purchasing info is in first post & there is an ad in the classified section.

Gary

+1 This are a great little tool!! One mysteriously appeared in my tool box during BR10....:ummm:....it is suspected this wrench may have come from the upper regions of Michigan!! :biglaugh::worthy:

Yep, handy little tool! I've only need to use mine once thus far, but it worked perfectly and made the job of adjusting the steering head bearings easier!

I ordered this and got it quick! Excellent quality! This is gonna be a handy tool to have in my toolbox!

Ordered a wrench and it works great! I was a little apprehensive about messing with head bearing tension at first but, after a few turns I got everything everything running right (no wobbles / no weaves). Would definitely recommend trying this before fubur fix or any other wobble "cure". Sean has a great video on his facebook for the first time DIY adjuster. After doing adjustment I realized two of my previous bikes would have benefited from a turn here or there. This included a brand new 06 max that was adjusted wrong when assembled, I feel stupid that it took me this long to realize all it took was a slight turn of a wrench.

Back