Stock clutch line length

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sizes for the gen 1's but haven't measured up the gen 2's yet. I am pretty sure I have them available from Galfer (I don't think I have them on hand).

Thanks Sean. I am trying to put together a line with separate banjo's & lines with AN fittings. I may just have to take the line off & let the bike sit while the new line ships.

Let me take a look today. I have an old one put away and a new one in the package.

Sean or Mark, I'm trying to figure out how to remove the line. It's a solid line from the slave cylinder going back towards the master, up to the point at the top of the criss-cross motor bracket. Feels like it's held in place there. Is that just a grommet that pops out?

I'm not near the bike right now I don't know if this will be any help:

Attachments

• D694-6-Instructions.pdf
    571.6 KB · Views: 7
Okay, found this in the service manual...

Insert the projection on the holder into the hole in
the clutch hose holder bracket, and then fasten the
clutch hose with the holder. Face the catch of the
holder inward.

I think what it means is there is something that wraps around the clutch line, like a split rubber bushing, and that gets pressed into the holder which seems like it would be a metal clamp.

if you look at the first photo I sent you earlier in this post you can see there are four rubber grommets on the clutch line .... I'm pretty sure one of those goes in a holder near the x motor mount. It should just pop out?

Back