Stock exhaust installation problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t3ttp

Reaction score
I just rebuild my second gear issue. I'm doing the reinstall and having problem with the front tubes fitting into the main exhaust. Any hints would be appreciated.

Also, do I have to readjust the v-boost. I only loosened the center nut on the square box of the boost.

Don't think you'll need to readjust the vboost, but I would check its operation according to service manual just to make sure it's doing its thing right anyway.

Re the exhaust, I assume you mean trying to fit all four header pipes into the mufflers?
It's defo a two-men job, and the best way is to loosen all four headers, this should give you enough play to reinsert them into the four muffler tubes, then once in, refit all muffler bolts, and then retighten everything to spec.

It is definitely a two-man job but if there isn't a second man around find a box, stack of boards....whatever, that is the proper height, rest the muffler on this and try sliding the pipes in, one at a time....I tied a rope around the mufflers and strung it over a rafter so I could raise it up a little if needed.

It's a bit of dicking around but, with patience, can be done solo.

Don't forget to install the center bolt back by the centerstand.

Latest posts

Back