stock front/rear tire pressure?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as we'retalkin PSI, I run the Metzelers, the BIG-ONE in the rear (insert sick joke here) and stock size in the front. When my daughter and I were on a ride the other day I noticed that the bike wanted to wander alot more than usual, this after slowin down from highway speeds then into a small town with 25MPH limit. Would this be caused because PSI increased? This was a very warm day, about 90deg and at highway speeds for about 40-45 minutes

Go to metzler's web site. I believe they recommend more pressure. I think the rear was 44 psi. I split the difference between 39 and 44 and added a couple more to the front. Works for me, but check it out first.

HTML:
The inflation sticker on the neck of my 88 say's. front 35 psi and rear 39 psi. For 110-90-18 front and 150-90-15 rear.
Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE] I know lower pressure always made mine squirrely. Especially the front tire.

Go to metzler's web site. I believe they recommend more pressure. I think the rear was 44 psi. I split the difference between 39 and 44 and added a couple more to the front. Works for me, but check it out first.

Yeah I saw it too. I'm running with 40/36 and I'm pretty happy.

Back