strange BMW custom from Bulgaria

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
You sure won't see yourself across the intersection if you have this!
http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2013/1/16/galaxy-customs-bmw-r1200r.html#.U3iuxHy9KSM

Pretty interesting, but maintenance down the road of ownership could be problematic.

Here’s Ivaylo Trendafilov, the bike’s designer and owner of Galaxy Customs in Bulgaria. “Our idea was to make a classic motorcycle with a retro look, but for it to be quite modern on the inside. For this purpose we used as a base model a BMW R1200R 2008. We completely redesigned the frame to change the center of gravity and the angle of the front fork. Thus, the motorcycle was lower which in turn improved the appearance and increased both Persistence. We removed the factory tele-lever front suspension and added a classic front fork with adjustment.”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 60
That is a sweet bike. Would love to add it to the stable :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My vote for sell them here for $15k all day long. BImmer should be able to fix most issues I would guess but not under warranty.

If I was to buy a BMW, it'd be a Ninety

bmw-concept-ninety-the-outrageously-beautiful-machine-photo-galleryvideo-medium_37.jpg

bmw-concept-ninety-the-outrageously-beautiful-machine-photo-galleryvideo-medium_23.jpg

The only thing missing from that Beemer is a plate mount. I was thinking one styled similar to the one on the Diavel would be perfect, to keep it in the bobber theme. 10/10 would ride it like I stole it!

'johnplynch,' guess what I saw for the 1st-time in St. Augustine FL this weekend, at the Riding into History event?

Yep, a 'nine T!' Quoted at $15,900 from the Jacksonville BMW dealer. The finish and details on the bike make it look like a MV Agusta, or a Bimota.

Roland Sands did a custom version for BMW, and supposedly many of the parts are going to be made available. It (the stocker) has an USD fork instead of the Telelever. A good-looking stock bike which is supposed to be easy to customize in its appearance for different 'looks.'

The custom you posted has a lot of color & styling cues from the R90S Airhead, the color scheme, the small nose fairing, the riding position...

Attachments

• Yosemite-Wheels thru History 279.jpg
    Yosemite-Wheels thru History 279.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Yosemite-Wheels thru History 280.jpg
    Yosemite-Wheels thru History 280.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 11
Back