strange seat difference

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellboy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just got a second seat and noticed when installing it that it does not have the same indented section as my original. The new one touches and puts pressure on the relay that is under the seat due to the lack of the cut away. The part numbers moulded into the bottom of the seats are exactly the same. Does anyone know why or when they would have changed this? I'm thinking I might need to relocate the relay or cut out a bit of the new seat as to not damage anything electrical.

Matt

Attachments

• Vmax seats.jpg
    Vmax seats.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 54
I don't remember the years they swapped out and started adding that? Mid 90's maybe? The electrical locations for all the components for all years are the same. Perhaps Yamaha finally noticed a riding condition and made that change when the seat casting tools had wear and updated it while they fixed the tool? I don't know that I have ever heard of the pressure on the relay actually causing an issue though?

Sean

That's nice to hear. My bike is an 88 so I guess the previous owner must have swapped it. It looks like a Tour-Max seat to me so that would make sense.

Matt

Latest posts

Back