strange "tick" noise from the right side

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crank the bike when its dead cold and have someone rev the engine until clicking starts and shoot a full stream of water into front header pipe where it connects to heads and see if the noise changes. This should only be done with engine dead cold. If the gaskets are leaking you will definately have a different sound. This check is for the front only, back ones could be leaking also. I had a honda that made that same noise and it was a rod bearing. Hope for best but be prepared for the worst.

Thanks again. I want to add a few facts (taken from another thread I opened):

1. I get this ticking noise always after a few seconds of riding in low gears 1-2
2. I almost never hear the noise on Idle revs
3. When the engine is hot the noise mostly disappears but I can still hear it from time to time
4. When the engine is hot the motor is not working "round" on Idle speed - it can even shut down if I don't keep the gas slightly open
5. The engine starts easily - no problem at all even when very cold
6. I have my valves adjusted 1 year ago (4000 miles ago)
7. My Vmax has 63000 miles on it

Thanks

Adi

No. Mechanics here wanted a fortune to open and fix the problem so I ordered a used but in good condition engine from Sean Morley from Morely's Muscle.
Sorry I couldn't help more but I'll be glad to hear from you when you fix the problem.

I think I might have the same problem because I just noticed th front right pipe at the top close to the head starting to get blue and burned looking I found that if you drilled the rivits out of the end cap of the pipe that it not only sounded better and helped you hear it to shift the pipes never got blued and with the remote fan switch on it never ran hot like all the others so just qurious to know if that problem you had was in that area or further back thanks, George.

Back