street legal tires for dragracing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johni

Reaction score
Hi all, i would like to know whits rear tire you use for dragracing, but it has to be street legal, and my rim is 6*17 ?
Now i run Full Bore USA M1 street sport 190/50zr17, and i like it, but is there something better ?

The drag racers use Shinko's shoot out tire. The guys not 100% wanting to care about street legal will buy Road Race Rain tires. They look street legal since they have groving but they are available in various 'hardness's"

Thanks Sean, but i cant find "shinko`s shoot out tire" is it called something else?

You can also try a Shinko 003 "stealth" in the ultrasoft compound and it'll hook up close to as good as the "hook up" drag radial but won't make your bike handle like shit...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

The Shinko Hook-up tire is soft! I rode behind a guy (Glen while @ Spring IceBreaker/ Port Dover) that had one on his bike and it was picking up every pebble, stick, bits of dirt it rolled over!
Not that practical for gerneral riding I would guess but it has to hook-up like crazy for drag racing!

Last edited:
I have the 003 on the turbo bike. I run the tourmasters on the Max, they get sticky enough for a stock wheel and mostly stock bike. Plus they last a long time, I have 5000 miles on mine and I am almost ready for another after a few more track runs. I don't think I would ride it far the way it is now, no 800 mile trips for me, but I wouldnt hesitate to take it around town and beat on it. Tread isn't that bald yet, but getting there.

Todd

Latest posts

Back