Stuck in Sturgis

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakRatFink

Reaction score
So, on day five of a TDY that can only be called an ordeal our NEW gov F250 breaks down on us for the 3rd time( exhaust faults that will not clear) Well, we are in Sturgis SD, not too bad a place to be stuck. The funny part, my hotel right next door to Sturgis Yamaha/BMW.

So, on day five of a TDY that can only be called an ordeal our NEW gov F250 breaks down on us for the 3rd time( exhaust faults that will not clear) Well, we are in Sturgis SD, not too bad a place to be stuck. The funny part, my hotel right next door to Sturgis Yamaha/BMW.
Is it a diesel. A guy I work with has a newer ford diesel and it has terrible exhaust problems. We will be sitting at a red light and it will decide to clean itself and smoke us out and anyone around us:bang head:

Should've bought a Cummins :rofl_200: its probably that emissions crap they have now. That's why I bought 06 Cummins no emissions for me. :eusa_dance:

Should've bought a Cummins :rofl_200: its probably that emissions crap they have now. That's why I bought 06 Cummins no emissions for me. :eusa_dance:

+1!!! I was in the market recently for a new 1 ton and I did a ton of research on Ford, Chevy & Dodge. I found a great deal on a 98 Dodge Turbo Cummins Diesel with a 5 speed standard trans it had 101,998 miles on it I got it for 5K and wouldnt trade is for a 2012 model anything it is truly THE truck to have. IMHO

Should've bought a Cummins. :D

I didn't buy it. It's a govermemt truck. And yes, it has that diesel exhaust fluid system on it for emissions. It is basically a big reservoir of urea ( look it up if you don't know) that goes
Through a cycle and burns off crap in the air scrubbers in the diesel's exhaust. That system is faulting the computer and not letting the truck for over idle in drive.

I didn't buy it. It's a govermemt truck. And yes, it has that diesel exhaust fluid system on it for emissions. It is basically a big reservoir of urea ( look it up if you don't know) that goes
Through a cycle and burns off crap in the air scrubbers in the diesel's exhaust. That system is faulting the computer and not letting the truck for over idle in drive.

Cant think of a better place to be stuck in especially if you are on the Gov'ments payroll...It is really nice up there.I am heading that way in August.

Turbo Cummins Diesel with a 5 speed standard

Good choice....buddy has a '99 dodge cummins but an automatic. It's at 180k and it's fifth transmission.

The rest of the truck is falling apart around it, but the engine still runs like new. And it's been worked up a fair bit...bigger turbo, programmer, intake/exhaust, ect.

Good choice....buddy has a '99 dodge cummins but an automatic. It's at 180k and it's fifth transmission.

The rest of the truck is falling apart around it, but the engine still runs like new. And it's been worked up a fair bit...bigger turbo, programmer, intake/exhaust, ect.

I had the computer flashed with the upgrade, the exhaust is next...I bought the dash kit from Napa for 80 bucks this truck is a stump puller!!! The fuel economy is the same empty OR with a 16' trailer that loaded with bikes and parts. Plus itll pull my 35' Grumman goose neck trailer like there isnt anything behind it at all.

"The rest of the truck is falling apart around it, but the engine still runs like new"

Thats the story of dodge ever since the 60's at least....Great motors, crappy body, fit and finish......at least in MY mind, I know they've gotten a lot better tho, but they're #3 for a reason...

Ford Diesels have completely fallen out of favor down here on the gulf coast, mainly due to that exhaust issue, along with the "impossible to rebuild"??? thing I've heard about, we've got one at work and that cleaning cycle thing is just ridiculous.....I've been smoked out a few times by it right in the middle of trying to spot a trailer....

Speaking of being smoked out; have I posted this before?? These guys are dicks but it's still funny..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DC4ZdPVp1g

Dodge diesels are selling really well now down here...

Ive seen that video before...those guys could use a good ass whipping, but it kinda looks staged too.

Latest posts

Back