Stupid Ebay.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Well for some stupid reason I found an area on my "account" that shows me how much I spent through ebay last year.... I didnt realize how much I spent. Lots of little dumb things, and lots of good deals (atleast to me).

I bought a motorcycle (my ZX), tires for my bikes ( 3 sets ), headers for my truck, body kit for one of my Busa's, windscreens, wheels ( 3 sets ) and just all kinds of other things..... my grand total was shy of $10,000. I had to take a second look. I couldn't believe it.

So this year I am putting the lock down on spending. In one sense if I would have known how many little things I would have bought, I would have probably not bought them. My problem is at night I can't sleep. I find myself addicted to craigslist and ebay looking for things I probably don't need, or could use and hey they are $5 cheaper then buying it at the store and I can order it at 2 am.

If I would have saved all that money, I could have bought myself a brand new bike almost...but I guess in another sense I would have waited an entire year to do so. So this year I am thinking I will not spend any more stupid money and just ride my bike 100% the way it is. At the end of the year I ll see how much I saved.

You guys find yourself spending little bits of money here and there like this? Sad thing is I don't really realize it that much till I see a grand total.... I am just glad I saw it early on this year so I can put a halt to it.

That and guns, I bought 14 new guns in the last 4-6 months. Though some of them were bought to be tricked out and sold, so I can't say they are all mine to keep. But still, a good deal here , a good deal there....

Hello my name is Todd and I am addicted to buying things....

My ZX was only $4300 ( $4500 total, I traded $200 worth of gun work in the mix ). So really almost $5500 in Ebay small purchases.

So I guess its not that bad really.

Todd

Well for some stupid reason I found an area on my "account" that shows me how much I spent through ebay last year.... I didnt realize how much I spent. Lots of little dumb things, and lots of good deals (atleast to me).

I bought a motorcycle (my ZX), tires for my bikes ( 3 sets ), headers for my truck, body kit for one of my Busa's, windscreens, wheels ( 3 sets ) and just all kinds of other things..... my grand total was shy of $10,000. I had to take a second look. I couldn't believe it.

So this year I am putting the lock down on spending. In one sense if I would have known how many little things I would have bought, I would have probably not bought them. My problem is at night I can't sleep. I find myself addicted to craigslist and ebay looking for things I probably don't need, or could use and hey they are $5 cheaper then buying it at the store and I can order it at 2 am.

If I would have saved all that money, I could have bought myself a brand new bike almost...but I guess in another sense I would have waited an entire year to do so. So this year I am thinking I will not spend any more stupid money and just ride my bike 100% the way it is. At the end of the year I ll see how much I saved.

You guys find yourself spending little bits of money here and there like this? Sad thing is I don't really realize it that much till I see a grand total.... I am just glad I saw it early on this year so I can put a halt to it.

That and guns, I bought 14 new guns in the last 4-6 months. Though some of them were bought to be tricked out and sold, so I can't say they are all mine to keep. But still, a good deal here , a good deal there....

Hello my name is Todd and I am addicted to buying things....

Hello Todd, and welcome to the ....oh wait, just got a craigslist alert...gotta go.
Scott.

Last edited:
I spent a lot a couple years ago getting the vmax where I wanted it and my CR5 back into riding condition. I scraped, borrowed, traded, and sold off a lot of stuff to complete the projects.

Now that they are done, I've been in a spending freeze for the past 2 years. I'm trying to save up enough money to add on to the house without taking out a loan. I've got a 9 year old son and an 11 year old daughter sharing a room. All of us share 1 bathroom. We could use another bedroom and bathroom. Hopefully this year!

body kit for one of my Busa's

one of my Busa's
one of my Busa's

If you only knew how jelly I am...
twilightangry2.png

Well I have bought all my parts for my 68 HondaCL 90 AND THE VMAX and the moto guzzi and endless tools,books,presents and all the impulse buys :bang head:.But it is good to find stuff that you didn't know existed like diagnosis tools and howto books.I think I have hit almost 500 stars just in buying things.You can also use it to comparison shop and then there is Amazon and other online shopping experiences:eusa_dance:.Yes my name is Kev and I am a shopaholic.

I went back 2 years & was still well-below <$1K in purchases so I guess I'm not doing too-badly. And in the last week, thru Craigslist, I've sold 50% more than I bought in the last two years on ebay, so I guess I am coming out on-top.

Back