Sudden increased Vibs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Rode to the gym last night no problems. On the way back I noticed increased vibrations at highway speeds.Is this most likely loosening motor mount/frame screws or wheel bearing going?

is it possible someone swapped your motor mounts while u were @ the gym for solid ones?

check all ur engine mounting bolts and as NG said ur bearings..

My first thought was tire as well..stopped to check but it was dark so could'nt examine properly..I'll do a good once over..

PS I already have solid mounts but it was an increased vib over normal

also check make sure no dirt got b/t pads and rotors. that can be enough to screw shit up

O.D. on too many 'roids while at the gym? I read where that stuff can mess with a guy's head sometimes. :ummm:

Be sure and double check the carb chain tensioners, but my vote is with a tire going south, or a lost wheel weight - if you had any to begin with.

Tire looks OK..got dynabeads so no worries about a weight falling off..will recheck torque settings on frame/mount bolts and wheel

Raise both wheels and check for play, and make sure they turn smoothly?

Also, did you hear anything? If the nut inside the pumpkin (where the drive shaft goes in) gets loose, you'll get a tranny whine and possibly vibes too.

Checked frame bolts..fronts were a little loose..but not that much..mount bolts were all tight. Wheel turns smooth...no play..it's not caliper bolts..no noise just noticeable increased vibs..will ride and see if it happens again...did feel like something to do with rear wheel though but does'nt appear to be anything.

Now you said something about the rear wheel, but my first thought was the head bearings.
But a front-end wobble is pretty sincere.
Maybe some Roided out dude got jealous.

You've checked the tightness of the left bolt and right nut for the swingarm, right? Both should be at 72 ft/lb. The inner bolt on the right should be at 4.3 ft/lb after the left is tightened.

Revisiting this..tightened everything up..I don't notice anything on acceleration but once i start to let off the gas (esp at hwy speeds) I notice the vib..definately think it's the tire although visually looks good and tire has less than a grand miles. Can belt separation cause this? Can separation happen at any time?

Back