Suddenly no electric start

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennvanlaerhoven

Reaction score
hi all,

Suddenly My vmax doesnt want to start anymore.. (when i push it, put it in second, it will start).. But not electrical way.. I checked:

- different batttery
- side stand switch
- kill switch
- other battery from my gsxr
- clutch switch
- main and ignation fuse

I can hear the fuel pump and tick sound from the relais..

Any idea.. attached a little video.. maybe you can hear something

glen
View attachment trim.0B530452-5D29-4EE0-B151-FAD7C72DFC69.MOV

In neutral Jump the starter solenoid and see if she cranks. On the center stand would be best.
And whats the best way to do that? checking if i can find something on the forum. Its on center stand

Found this, but not sure how to do this:
especially this:

A good test to seyenif the solenoid is ok is to jump the exciter wire (the one Sean mentioned blue/white) to the positive battery terminal.

If the solenoid is faulty, it won't crank. If it cranks OK then you have the afore mentioned voltage drop/resistance. In this case, one of the problems (in addition to the more obvious ones) could be the black box under the LH scoop. Its a combination flasher relay and starter relay.

Last edited:
My best guess would be the starter button. Might be worth the time to disassemble and clean. You could spend more time chasing the missing 12v to the solenoid, but I'll bet it's a grody button.
the button works, a soon as i press the button something is happening so it couldnt benthe button

I’d try a screwdriver between starter relay posts like Steve mentions to make sure not the starter motor or connection. Did you try in gear with clutch pulled? Other possibilities are starting cutoff relay or the diode assembly.

Mark

i heard a different possibility.. they changed the gasket between my dynamo cover.. with not a gasket but with liquid gasket (because it was leaking oil a bit).. they told me the starter gear will now been stuck?? is this possible before i will change it back to a normal gasket (instead of liquid.. or should i do both?)

i heard a different possibility.. they changed the gasket between my dynamo cover.. with not a gasket but with liquid gasket (because it was leaking oil a bit).. they told me the starter gear will now been stuck?? is this possible before i will change it back to a normal gasket (instead of liquid.. or should i do both?)

I always do both since the mating surfaces of the upper and lower half of the engine casings don't align perfectly. I would short-circuit the starter solenoid and see what that does. If it`s indeed a stuck gear the results would be the same (either that or the battery is faulty)

the gasket are on their way… can anyone describe before i change the gasket.. how i can properly test the starter?? maybe with a picture what i need to shorten to see if it is??

the gasket are on their way… can anyone describe before i change the gasket.. how i can properly test the starter?? maybe with a picture what i need to shorten to see if it is??

Bridge the terminals like this and see if starter motor turns. Ignore my finger and definitely don't hold the screwdriver like that!

Attachments

• 7F30A92C-9DE0-4078-A680-20CBAECAB03C.png
    7F30A92C-9DE0-4078-A680-20CBAECAB03C.png
    564.1 KB · Views: 32
the liquid gasket was the problem! all is oke now! thanks for the help
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Hopefully a lesson for everyone. The stator cover gasket spaces the gear train for the start system. And it's a necessity. One place I do use sealer is where the stator wiring grommet touches the case.

Latest posts

Back