Suggestions for stainless 4-1 that is not too loud

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMechEng

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 4 into 1, all stainless, and reasonably quite. Louder than stock is ok but want it to be comfortable to ride. My last exhaust I bought was a UFO and I had to wear ear plugs when riding the bike. Any suggestions? Thanks, Aaron

I vote Marks Performance. He makes 4-1 and 4-2 options in SS and you can choose can length and outlet diameter to suit your sound preferences. I have a 4-2 and it sounds great without being annoyingly loud. Very well made as well.

I have a Mark's 4/1, an older one, not too-bad.

VooDoo has SS systems.

Talk to Mark @ Marks performance pipes
Tell what you want and he'll help you out.
A longer muffler, smaller outlet, and a turn down tip all help to reduce the noise.

If you want real loud by some marks pipes w/ 12" cans, 2.5" outlets, no tips.
Or buy voodoo pipes.

The Marks is going to be the least loud. Followed by Hindle. The Voodoo is on the other end of the spectrum and is Very loud.

I personally run a Kerker 4-1 on my 07. Pretty sociable sound when cruising but it wakes up when you get on it. It's nice and crisp when you wind up the wick but never obnoxious.

I'm looking for a 4 into 1, all stainless, and reasonably quite. Louder than stock is ok but want it to be comfortable to ride. My last exhaust I bought was a UFO and I had to wear ear plugs when riding the bike. Any suggestions? Thanks, Aaron

Talk to Mike Lees at starriderperformance.com
(He's as good a guy to deal with as John at UFO wasn't...!)
If you still have that UFO system, he can provide quieter muffler options,
or sell you a complete system,
well priced,
that will meet your needs.
(Please tell him John from SportMax sent you...Thanks!)

What Conman said. I went went with a Marks stainless 4-2 to retain the center stand and balanced looks. 12" cans, 2.75" cores & open ends = awsome looks, sound and pretty dang loud if you ask me. Last spring i got old wanted to tone it down a bit so I called Mark. For a reasonable price he made me a set of 2.25" cores and turn down tips. Still sounds good but not obnoxious. He has 14" cans too if you want less db's. He a good guy to deal with to boot.

I have a Marks 4-2 SS with 12" 2.25" openings that I've run since around 2008, but a couple years ago I had Mark make up a set of special capped 12" 2 3/4 opening and will finally get around this year to installing them. Mark makes a quality pipe and can setup which is one of my favorite sounding exhausts on a G1 Vmax.

+1 on Marks for 4/1. I also had him work up a custom canister, so I could put a SUPERTRAP end cap. This way I could adjust it for loudness. When I want to go quiet, I just cut back on the Discs. If I want to loud I add Discs. I have had up to 21 Discs with an open end cap. It is LOUD!

Back