Summer riding gloves

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I have a decent pair of cool/cold weather gloves but am looking for decent warm weather gloves. What's everyone using? Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Mark

My wife got these for me in the beginning of March and I wear them every day I ride here in FL. I was out with them for almost 400 miles yesterday and it was in the 90s. They breath very well and I can't recall a time where my hands got all sweaty in them like the used to with my leather ones I used previously. They are decently priced and are holding up extremely well so far.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...760-Air-Force-Gel-Gloves.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

I use a heavier Olympia glove for cold weather use. On my second set in 20 years. They work and feel great.

Sean

My drag racing gloves are Icon Titanium Gauntlet style. They have good flexibility and decent breathing.

I do sell all sorts of this clothing stuff too!

My drag racing gloves are Icon Titanium Gauntlet style. They have good flexibility and decent breathing.

I do sell all sorts of this clothing stuff too!

That was my next question. :) What brands do you sell?

You find what you like and then i'll see if it's in the catalog. Lot's available!

Sean

I've always used motocross gloves for warm weather, find them to be more comfortable. They usually fit a little snugger than "street" gloves so you have better dexterity and feel of the controls.

Currently I have a pair of Fox Bomber gloves. I've had them for probably 1.5 years now and they've held up fine. Before that I had some Icon gloves, which were OK but after 3 years or so the leather started to get hard, and they were too clumsy to fasten the helmet strap without removing them, which I can do with the MX gloves.

I've been using a pair of MX gloves from No Fear, for going on 6 years now, I picked them up at a local cycle shop for about $25. I have big hands, finding gloves that fit is a pain in the ass. These in XXL still fit pretty snug, but comfortable. You can work with them on with no problems.
As for feeling, They feel similar to a set of Mechanix gloves. As with any other MX gloves, they're made to offer protection for a dirt track and not against asphalt, but there is a little bit of padding and armorment. It's a little better than bare skin. They breathe nicely and doesn't over-heat your hands.
The palm and thumb padding is nice on the hands and does provide some comfort on the longer rides so that is always a plus.

glovesxs.jpg

I have a set of Power Trip Grand National gloves that fit my xxl hands perfectly but were a little tight in the beginning. They work well for me in my area and provide plenty of protection. They are made of leather so not a lot of venting.
I have xxl Alpinestars Storm Rider GTX for my cold weather/ long distance wet weather gloves, warm gloves and great wet weather performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H74E_5PXQx0

for protection from asphalt, I wear leather only. Asphalt will do some nasty shit to skin.

Years ago some idiot ran a stop sign making me lay the bike down and I slid several yards. My left palm ground down into the muscle. I have not ridden without leather gloves for almost 20 years. Alpinestars is my leather glove of choice. Hot or cold weather. Its every bit worth the price to protect my hands. I still have a scar to remind me everytime I ride.

i have the olympia gloves and they breath very well but they dont offer much protection. i wear my astars sp8s even in the summer.

Ya,wearing dirtbike gloves on the street, is the next best thing to wearing nothing. Leather gauntlets are the way to go. Why gauntlet? Ever gone down, and ground into the knub on your wrist?

Thanks all! Jeff, what color? If we match we can arm wrestle in Topeka lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-Stren...ise&hash=item5af1ca5636&vxp=mtr#ht_2710wt_936

Mark,
I recently bought a pair like these and love them. A bit warm just standing around the parking lot if the temp is above 80, but feels like someone turned on the airconditioner as soon as the bike begins idling out of the lot.
I like it Jeff... hey I thought your first name is Jim?? Oh wait, I remember now! LOL!
Bike Bandit has 'em for $36! but to get free shipping you have to order $99 of stuff.

Latest posts

Back