Super Cool Key chain

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanneal

Reaction score
album.php

picture8.jpg

It started as a mens bracelet. Wax cotton cord, with sterling silver beads. And a cool round coin, about 50% the size of a dime. I also used a mini skull. Also made of sterling silver. I believe both the bracelet and the skull are made by GOOD ART HOLLYWOOD. I found them both on closeout. COOL STUFF. Anyway, I didn't trust the strength of the wax chord, so I wove in braided 15lb test fishing line, black, through the entire length of the cord. Then, I used a thicker black poly shoelace, internally reinforced with tons more braided fishing line, sewed the pieces together so that they are still "jangly", and then wrapped it in steel wire for contrast.

picture9.jpg

Notice, on the right scoop in order to prevent a lot of scratching, I applied an adhesive poly card... It is actually a clear, flexible guitar pickguard, that I cut to shape and applied to the scoop. Hopefully the adhesive will hold it in place for awhile. It 's a KILLER keychain. And the long string dangles out of your pocket and helps you pull the key from your pocket. WAY COOL.

Looks good :eusa_dance:. Good Idea on the pick guard. My scoop is all beat up from a key chain.

Ya, I hated my key, constantly doing the 'where is my key' dance every time I went to pull it out since I didn't have a fob on it. Didn't want it to scratch my scoop, of course.

Here is mine. Sorry for the quality, iPods suck.

Attachments

• vmax key.jpg
    vmax key.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 51
I have been hassled about it the one time I figured I wasn't going fast enough to get thrown in jail and slow enough to be fairly certain the cop saw the the plate. He was cool about it once he saw it was a key, but there was some tense moments. I told him I had a gun, He asked how hard it was to get to, told Him fairly hard with these gloves. He told me not to take the gloves off. Then He saw the screwdriver/key combo. Then things got 'loud' after that...

Very cool key, and plate. Yes, i too got sick of hunting for the tiny key.

I was told that this is a lucky gypsy key chain. So far so good. :ummm:

Attachments

• 2013-03-19_13-33-25_21.jpg
    2013-03-19_13-33-25_21.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 35
Very cool. Red is badness. What is it are of? Seems as if it would be non scratching.

I'm boring. I just have a key with nothing attached at all. If its not in the ignition its in the watch pocket of my jeans.

I figure the ignition switch may last a little longer without the extra weight dangling around in the breeze :confused2:

I'm boring. I just have a key with nothing attached at all. If its not in the ignition its in the watch pocket of my jeans.

I figure the ignition switch may last a little longer without the extra weight dangling around in the breeze :confused2:
Mike, that is an absolute RIOT !!!!!!

How bored are we to spend hours on key chain blogs. Anyway, I talked to my counselor, and he thinks you would be much happier and emotionally secure if you had a cool key chain too. I would buy you one, but I don't know you. Start looking and I hope you find a cool one someday.

Wicked. I checked out the site too. I could have saved myself hours making a custom. Perhaps I'll order a spare.

Wicked. I checked out the site too. I could have saved myself hours making a custom. Perhaps I'll order a spare.

LOL, I said similar but opposite.
I said to myself, what a great idea and loved the pick-guard. It's perfect. Clear and thick enough to prevent banging damage as well as the scratches. :punk:

Back