Super EZ elec. connector cleaner!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne z

Reaction score
Well, I've been going all over this thing, and many of the electrical conector plugs on my ol barn find have some green patina in/on them.

I have found that hdw store, pump spray bottle A/C coil cleaner does an amazing job! leaves the pins, blades ect clean and bright even in the sleeves!

I hold the connectors in a rag or paper towel to contain drips and squirt the stuff into the connectors.

Wait about 15-20 munites and flush with carb cleaner straw and a rag for containment. Amazing how they shine, even down in the plastic sleeves.

Well, I've been going all over this thing, and many of the electrical conector plugs on my ol barn find have some green patina in/on them.

I have found that hdw store, pump spray bottle A/C coil cleaner does an amazing job! leaves the pins, blades ect clean and bright even in the sleeves!

I hold the connectors in a rag or paper towel to contain drips and squirt the stuff into the connectors.

Wait about 15-20 munites and flush with carb cleaner straw and a rag for containment. Amazing how they shine, even down in the plastic sleeves.

Great tip, Wayne. Thanks!

Here's the 2 brands of coil cleaner I used. Any brand, pump or aerosol, will do.
IMAG1512.jpg
I use a special copper conductive grease. Dilectric grease is only good for corrosion prevention and doesn't help conductivity of the joint..

Latest posts

Back