Super Trapps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
I want to make my trapps Quieter, Do I ad discs or remove them? Just forgot which way to go and thought this would keep me from going the wrong direction and have to do it twice

Thanka

Hi David. Make sure you are using a solid end cap and begin by removing discs. This reduces the exhaust outlet area, constricts exhaust flow and therefore helps to reduce the noise.

Try open end cap with no discs. This forces sound straight out as opposed to up into your helmet with the discs. BUT, it's very restrictive running this way.

maleko89 said:
Try open end cap with no discs. This forces sound straight out as opposed to up into your helmet with the discs. BUT, it's very restrictive running this way.
but thats assuming he wants to quiet them because they are too loud for him while riding.

If in fact he just wants them to be quieter in general that wont help:eusa_dance:

They are fine for me, I just want to quiet them in general. They are not supper loud now but a little less is better. I neer want to be the one to make non-riders complain.

maleko89 said:

I have noticed the increased noise pulsed into my helmet. Where before, I would ride without ear plugs if staying local; now I always use'm on the Max. The "discs"mounted perpendicular would explain that. It makes sense.

As to the "loud pipe" issue. I'll just say that it is the misuse of them that is the problem. I sometimes come home late at night on the Max. I will basically idle the bike (maybe 1500 RPM) because I know my neighbors are trying to sleep. Get me out on a mountain road in the daytime and I absolutely LOVE the sound echoing off the canyons! :punk0000:

Latest posts

Back