Superbike bars and rearsets for Gen 1 VMax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deuce57

Reaction score
I'm having a problem adjusting to the riding position on mine. I can't ride more than about 30 miles without my lower right back starting to hurt. My GS1100 had rearsets and lower bars when I got it, and I have no issues riding it wherever. The Honda just has superbike bars, but still is comfortable on a longer ride.

Do they make a kit? Does anybody have the kit installed, and if so, how do you like it?

Thanks in advance.

before spending money, have you tried tilting the bars forward to give an idea if it would make a difference,
I will be making my own handlebars eventually but for now I have straightened the pull back in the original bars and for me it is much more comfortable

I have superbike bars and a few different companies make rear sets

before spending money, have you tried tilting the bars forward to give an idea if it would make a difference,
I will be making my own handlebars eventually but for now I have straightened the pull back in the original bars and for me it is much more comfortable

I haven't tried that. That's obviously the least expensive first step! I find if I really push myself back in the seat, it helps, but not much. I guess next step would be to try different bars.

Thanks!

Back