Supercharger kit, fair price.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyjones955

Reaction score
What is a fair price to pay for a previously loved but complete (?) supercharger kit for the 1200? It looks to be all there but I don't have a parts list.

IIRC they were over $5k new, but I'm wondering what a used version is worth given the Vmax is not exactly a common creature, especially around here. My goal is to slap in some more attitude and maybe an extra 10-15% RWHP.

Thanks all.

I’ve been watching for a few years and haven’t seen a kit come up that wasn’t part of a whole bike sale. I saw on someone’s sight a few years ago that they were selling for just under $3k new when they were in production and more like 4K for a new one now that they’re rare.

Again, I haven’t seen a used kit available on its own in the few years I’ve been looking, but I’d bet it’d be 3k

Power gains w/one depend on the drive ratio I believe, how-much air gets crammed-in, and enough gas being fed to it to make it a proper fuel/air ratio. I expect it would be easy to damage your bike if you didn't know what you were doing.

Seems like a gain of > 15% would be likely with a properly-designed, installed, and tuned system.

Boxenstopp in Holly Hill FL (Daytona Beach) had a used one for sale, but he's deceased.

I forget what you've done to your bike, you should be able to use a Morley's Muscle jet kit and a 4/1 to get you that 10+% you want, fairly-easily. Kyle's $350 Dynojet Stage 7 carb rack is halfway-there, then you need a good full exhaust. You should be able to do all-that for <$1,000, if you can find a used exhaust.

Here's one built in my shop I frequent, I've had the pics elsewhere in the forum. VMax supercharged.01.jpg VMax supercharged.03 - Copy_LI (2).jpg VMax supercharged.02.jpg

Last edited:
I think i saw one listed on ebay for $2500 a while back. Not sure if it had all the required parts.

I still sell them new for $4500 with your choice of pulley ratios. Expect around 150 rwhp on a stock engine and low boost though a nice large gain in torque.

I think i saw one listed on ebay for $2500 a while back. Not sure if it had all the required parts.
I think we're at about $2500 for this one, sounds like it's a pretty fair price. There will be some trading but it looks like we're starting from a good place.

I still sell them new for $4500 with your choice of pulley ratios. Expect around 150 rwhp on a stock engine and low boost though a nice large gain in torque.
Those are nice gains, it really runs great but that boost in torque through midrange would be quite nice. Good to know that nice minty ones are still available.

My Buddy sold a nice complete set up last year for $ 2200 & I sold one the year before for $ 2500. It is all about market value at the time. I personally would not pay more than $ 3,000 for a used unit & think 2500 is more in line.

My Buddy sold a nice complete set up last year for $ 2200 & I sold one the year before for $ 2500. It is all about market value at the time. I personally would not pay more than $ 3,000 for a used unit & think 2500 is more in line.

Thats about where I thought it should be, and it's about what I'm comfortable paying or trading. I've been thinking about this since I noticed some youtube footage of someone ripping up and down the street on one. I'm going to do a 1300 engine for the extra cc and more desirable Venture gear ratios, then finish it off with a Venture pumpkin. I thought some extra torque to offset that would be a good thing.

Thats about where I thought it should be, and it's about what I'm comfortable paying or trading. I've been thinking about this since I noticed some youtube footage of someone ripping up and down the street on one. I'm going to do a 1300 engine for the extra cc and more desirable Venture gear ratios, then finish it off with a Venture pumpkin. I thought some extra torque to offset that would be a good thing.

Well if your building your motor, then you can get the high compression pistons (I believe) and put on larger pulley for another 20-40hp in boost.

An engine built for a blower will actually have lower compression pistons. Reason being, the super charger will build compression extremely high above naturally aspirated engines.

I do have the Vmax top end already
Well if your building your motor, then you can get the high compression pistons (I believe) and put on larger pulley for another 20-40hp in boost.

It's distant memory but I think I've read that a stock engine is good for 6-8 lbs boost, which would be enough (I assume) to compensate for altering gear ratios to be a more suitable steed for the 90%+ open roads and highways that I do. I do know that for turbo (more my thing) that any significant boost will require direct injection or lower compression on most mills, the first being obviously cost prohibitive on an engine that wasnt minted with it. I suppose I could call Sean for a new set of slugs to run, ohhh, dunno... more boost haha . If low boost makes around 150 RWHP then, what might be possible with lower compression and a touch more boost. That's something I need to look into when I have the SC and 1300 sitting here. I make many decisions based on bang-for-the-buck-o-meter, this sounds like it might fit nicely in the equation since the SC would already be purchased.

You guys are right, lower compression pistons to get more boost. If your paying for the SC and have the motor out, then might as well go all in. However, will also need a Dyna3000 or similar and also consider rideability. Took some time getting mine set up right to minimize surging, so not sure how bad it will be with more boost. Also, SC generates a lot of heat, so if you ride in traffic, another downside.

You guys are right, lower compression pistons to get more boost. If your paying for the SC and have the motor out, then might as well go all in. However, will also need a Dyna3000 or similar and also consider rideability. Took some time getting mine set up right to minimize surging, so not sure how bad it will be with more boost. Also, SC generates a lot of heat, so if you ride in traffic, another downside.
We've sold some Venture flywheels to help with the surging. More weight on the flywheel but still plenty of power to overcome that anyway.

These don't come up for sale often and if it's in nice condition I would still sell it for the $3k-$3500 range. Where else are you going to save $1k over the cost of new. It's not like these are all that easy to come by.

Back