SuperdirtyTrapps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namasfl

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to stop my SuperTrapps from spewing black carbon all over my bike. These pipes sound great but they crap they spew is impossible to get off. It's all over my shaft drive, the shocks and the swingarm. What's the best way to clean the discs cause this is making me nuts.

Does anyone know how to stop my SuperTrapps from spewing black carbon all over my bike. These pipes sound great but they crap they spew is impossible to get off. It's all over my shaft drive, the shocks and the swingarm. What's the best way to clean the discs cause this is making me nuts.

I bought Supertrapps exhaust deflectors. They went in between the muffler and discs.

Get the open end caps.I ran 11 discs and the open ends when I had them.

Last edited:
I run the Trapps and don't have that problem. I was concerned about it when I installed htem but it hasn't been an issue to date.

That soot can be very hard to remove.I used to clean the discs a couple times a year.Nothing seemed to work without a small wire brush.

It's an accessory from Supertrapp. Any Yamaha dealer can get them.

Mark

The painted trapps have this already built in.It is just a little hood on the top side.

i just replaced my trapps because the exhaust smell that got all over the wife but didnt have any soot problem.

Get the open end caps.I ran 11 discs and the open ends when I had them.

Shawn,

I just fitted mine and I am up to 7 discs and will add #8 tomorrow. These have the closed end caps. I can tell it needs more flow, how will I know when I have the right amount or gone too far?

Thanks Tom

Latest posts

Back