Suspension Adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my 2015 new and can honestly say I have never once adjusted the suspension, front or back, and I have no complaints. Ride is smooth to me.

Im working on this too. I weigh 240lbs and put the settings to the middle and went from there. I found that I have twice as many (or more) "clicks" front and back on compression and rebound settings as the manual states. So my front max hard starting from 0(max soft) is Preload 5, Rebound 45, compression 30
Rear max is preload 11, rebound 24, compression 23

I put all the settings in the middle and rode and started adjusting from there.
Right now my front: preload top line (4?) but not maxed out, rebound 25, compression 17
Rear: Preload 9, Rebound 14, compression 13.

Rear seems good right now. Front I think still needs a bit more compression and rebound.
Tire is at OEM psi but I may drop it a bit.

work in progress.

Im working on this too. I weigh 240lbs and put the settings to the middle and went from there. I found that I have twice as many (or more) "clicks" front and back on compression and rebound settings as the manual states. So my front max hard starting from 0(max soft) is Preload 5, Rebound 45, compression 30
Rear max is preload 11, rebound 24, compression 23

I put all the settings in the middle and rode and started adjusting from there.
Right now my front: preload top line (4?) but not maxed out, rebound 25, compression 17
Rear: Preload 9, Rebound 14, compression 13.

Rear seems good right now. Front I think still needs a bit more compression and rebound.
Tire is at OEM psi but I may drop it a bit.

work in progress.

My problem is this. I weigh 220, and on relatively smooth road, the Gen 2 is amazing. Even with my GF, no issues, even in the corners. My main issue is bump absorption. To get the suspension where it really does absorb the bumps, it does feel slightly loose in the rear. It never gets loose......it just feels it.

Also for me, its tough to get the front and rear at the same suspension set up. Not actual settings, but where they absorb the bumps the same.

Really depends on you weight. I am 5’10 185. Tons if vids out there to get the jest long as you know where all the adjustments are.

Back