suspension settings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgrowc1

Reaction score
Ok how on earth do you adjust them?
the damper part is easy i know just turn the top but to adjust the actual coil???
I tried twisting it like it says will not budge. It appears I do not have the correct tool but what does that even do, just looks like it goes in a hole then you turn? I tried to do this with a screw driver and I can move it but it just recoils down. I am going a fairly long trip tomorrow with my lady and need to adjust it if possible as it is on the lowest settings.

Thanks,

You need a shock wrench. It goes into the hole, then you can spin the base. It has 5 positions, each compresses the spring a little more, adding preload (making it a bit harder).

If I remember rightly, clockwise increases preload and anti-clockwise decreases it.

There are little engraved lines at the bottom that show which position you're at. No lines = 1 (softest), 5 lines = 5 (hardest).

Always make sure to adjust both sides equally.

hmmm well apparently I do not have one. Anything I can use to get it done for now? Or am I just better to leave it and just ride very soft with me lady tomorrow

prolly best to leave it alone unless you can find a suitable tool - it's easy to scratch/damage and also to hurt yourself if using a screwdriver or other unsuited method.

Having said that, it should be quite easy to make something with a random piece of metal and a hammer - it just needs to be rounded and have a 'hook' that fits in the hole..

Two up on the lowest setting means you will bottom out quite a lot over bumps, depending on your combined weights. Just take it easy! (usual done with wife on LOL)

Mine were stuck like yours, so I just took them off, put one end in a vise, sprayed the adjusting collar with WD40 and then spun it by hand. With the shock off the bike you can get a good grip on it.

Latest posts

Back