Suzuki and driver down

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride last night aftter I cleaned the carbs Again! So I am riding along just cruising. Next thing I know I'm being blinded in my mirrors,turns out to be another bike with his brights on. We are going the same way on a one way single road which turns into a 2 lane. As the road becomes two lanes I notice he is riding on my ass. As soon as he could he started to pass me. I thought to myself might as well see if the max is running right. I drop down to first and twist, as I hit second gear I start to gain on him. By third gear I am leaving him behind as his headlight starts to fade fast. I hit fourth but the road ahead turns back into 1 lane as it goes into town, so I slow down to 50 mph and take the turn. Now down to one lane again. he caught back up to me as I know my 85 will not take the upcoming turns to well. I guess he did not like being beaten down, he decides he is going to pass me. I let him pass and he takes off into the next few curves. I am coming around the next curve at 50 and what do I see there he is laying in the middle of the road wrecked. I'm trying like hell to stop or at least manuever around him. I some how managed to stop THANK GOD! I ran over to him and picked his bike up off of him. We managed to get his bike off to the side of the road. front forks were bent bad. There was no way the bike could be riden. I let him use my cell phone he called his wife and she came with a truck and we lifted his bike into the back. As for him he was hurting! Had a bad case of road rash all over hands ,arms ,back. He did have a helmet on (full face) good thing as the helmet is all scrached up. I will find out more on his condition later as he works down the street. I guess you have to know your bikes limits! Man I love the thrill of the race BUT I hate to see some one go down. :bike1:

You can't let yourself get worked up or "egged on" by a street race. That's when you make stupid choices or exceed your/your bikes limits. I've caught myself taking dangerous risks or stupid chances before in the heat of the moment....just can't let it get the better of you. Can't win a race if you're dead. Always hate to see a rider go down but in cases like this it was their own stupidity. High speeds on curves at night.

At least he lived to learn from it. What caused him to go down? Low sided it, hit a critter maybe?

All of us have been stupid on a bike, some of us survive and learn for a while. Till we forget and get stupid again.:bang head:

Went back during the day and looked at where he went down. It looks like he took the inside to the outside line and did not anticipate the lenght of the curve. I can see where he was way outside and got caught in the loose gravel on the very edge of the road and started to slide under the guard rail where the front wheel caught a post and spun him as he hit. It was not critter related in my opinion just to much speed and a bad line taken on a dark curve in the road. :bike1:

Wear your gear guys... So your brain is ok from wearing the helmet but you have NO skin!

Fuck that!

I only ride with full gear. No skin exposed.

Chris

the thrill is why alot of us ride. You knew your bike so you slowed down. btw what model suzuki was he riding?

Wear your gear guys... So your brain is ok from wearing the helmet but you have NO skin!

Fuck that!

I only ride with full gear. No skin exposed.

Chris

AAAAAAAAh. I little road rash will make a man out of you. Chicks dig scars too.:biglaugh:

--by the time this Suzuki rider gets done "imbellishing" his story for the ladies, not to mention any insurance companies that may be involved, it will be a big old deer that nearly killed him, and if it weren't for his extremely fast thinking and even better expert riding skills, he'd have been dead for sure.

just sayin.......

Unfortunately everyone I ride with feels zero reason to wear any gear whatsoever. The couple with cruisers both wear the "novelty" helmets, that's it. Couple with sportbikes wear a enclosed helmet, then a t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers. I think it's insane, but I don't say anything. If they want a possibly minor crash to be a major hospital stay, that's their choice. I've gotten a couple nasty rashes and such from dropping my minibike on gravel or a dirt road at relatively tame speeds of 20 or 30mph...always on bony areas, like my ankle, knee, and side of the ribs. It doesn't take much speed to cause a lot of pain. Now when I rip off road with the minibike(and it's a lot faster now than it used to be), I wear a heavy carhartt work jacket as well as knee/shin guards and high boots. Actually downed it on the same turn I did the first time and just shrugged it off and kept riding....gear makes all the difference.

The suzuki was 1000cc's did not get the model. While talking to him as we waited He did compliment me on the Max. Itold him it's an 85 model His comment was Oh Yeah the fast one. :punk:

AAAAAAAAh. I little road rash will make a man out of you. Chicks dig scars too.:biglaugh:

--by the time this Suzuki rider gets done "imbellishing" his story for the ladies, not to mention any insurance companies that may be involved, it will be a big old deer that nearly killed him, and if it weren't for his extremely fast thinking and even better expert riding skills, he'd have been dead for sure.

just sayin.......

He was askin for it. Thats the price you might pay for running hard. I would have laughed and spun rubber on him while he was down. He's a big boy..

I ran a big KTM super moto in town and pushed him hard enough to make him spin out. Then blew by him laughing.

^^^^
That's like saying a child who fell down a well shouldn't be rescued because he shouldn't have been playing around there in the first place. You're not serious, are you?

While I agree that this guy was asking for it, I can't imagine any decent human just cruising on by the scene of an accident doing nothing, let alone stopping to laugh about it.

Hell, if I see a bike on the side of the road I slow down and signal to ask if they need help. Usually they're waiting up for someone, or on their phone, but you never know. I ran out of gas once on my Magna on an adirondack byway. Town was around 10-15 miles away. I started waving down traffic, doing everything I could to try and get attention and in 30 minutes and probably at least 100 cars, not a single one even slowed down. Most ignored me, a few honked or flashed the lights at me for whatever reason. I walked down the road a ways, found a small bible chapel with a van out front with the doors open. I saw a guy come out and asked him if he had any fuel to spare or could give me a lift to town....he said he lived nearby and had a can for his lawnmower at home. 5 minutes later he returned, got a gallon of gas into the bike, he wouldn't accept any money for it. I got to town and filled up, when I got back the van was gone. Seems like decent people who help others are a dying breed these days. Everybody is too paranoid, in too much of a hurry, or just flat out doesn't give a shit anymore.

While I agree that this guy was asking for it, I can't imagine any decent human just cruising on by the scene of an accident doing nothing, let alone stopping to laugh about it.

Agree! If I were running with someone and they went down, wether I know them or not, there is no way I'd say he deserved it and go by! Thats just fucked up.

I would have stopped and if he was in decent enough shape would have given him shit for crashing his turd.

That was twisted. My bad.

Listen.. I would help if he was hurt bad. But road rash? Im outta there!

Especially the frat boy on the KTM. Now that was fun.

LOL no way Sean you whould have picked him up and transforemed him into a vmaxer! Then unleash the mod monkey on him

The suzuki was 1000cc's did not get the model. While talking to him as we waited He did compliment me on the Max. Itold him it's an 85 model His comment was Oh Yeah the fast one. :punk:

+1 '85 :punk:

Back