Suzuki m50 or m90, what to buy?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putin

Reaction score
Want to buy another bike and make a bobber. Anyone has experience with twins? 800cc versus 1200cc, but i don,t need unnessesary power, have enough in vmax. Riding mostly in LA, rare on freeways.

not seen either of these before so they may be targeted at the US market; to me the M50 is better looking.

I have had a few of the older intruder 800's very good running little bikes and have decent power for an 800. I also had a couple of the older 1400's to be honest I liked the 800's better.

Last edited:
My friend has had 2 M90R bikes, he likes 'em. 'Go big or go-home.'

He has no issues and the bike will spank a Softail Evo, and many newer bikes too.
I am afraid m90 too heavy for the city riding. Its
I have had a few of the older intruder 800's very good running little bikes and have decent power for an 1800. I also had a couple of the older 1400's to be honest I liked the 800's better.
You mean 800 cc better than 1400? M50 the same dimension as m90, but 60 kg lighter. Just different cc's. I am mostly in LA traffic - with vmax is ok, but on a cruiser style i don't know.

I am afraid m90 too heavy for the city riding. Its

You mean 800 cc better than 1400? M50 the same dimension as m90, but 60 kg lighter. Just different cc's. I am mostly in LA traffic - with vmax is ok, but on a cruiser style i don't know.
Yeah the 800 just seemed like it had more spunk to me & was lighter in my opinion the 1400 did not run that much better if any. I am talking about the VS 800 which the M50 is the same motor if I remember correctly

The good middleweight bike is an SV650 Suzuki. Plenty of power, & lightweight, good handling. A good aftermarket support.

Back in the '80's I had a KZ 550, a KZ 750, & three KZ 1000's before I bought a Yamaha FZR 1000, one year old. The 550 & 750 were great around town bikes but could also get on the freeway if you needed to. Probably hard to come by one in decent shape & priced reasonably now.

I think you should look at a BMW R1100, they are very comfortable, good handling, & they carry their weight down low. Easy to work on, & reasonably priced & they last a long time.

The good middleweight bike is an SV650 Suzuki. Plenty of power, & lightweight, good handling. A good aftermarket support.

Back in the '80's I had a KZ 550, a KZ 750, & three KZ 1000's before I bought a Yamaha FZR 1000, one year old. The 550 & 750 were great around town bikes but could also get on the freeway if you needed to. Probably hard to come by one in decent shape & priced reasonably now.

I think you should look at a BMW R1100, they are very comfortable, good handling, & they carry their weight down low. Easy to work on, & reasonably priced & they last a long time.
Prefer japanize bikes. And i want to make a bobber. Will go with m50, they looks like m90 but way lighter. And cheaper.

Prefer japanize bikes. And i want to make a bobber. Will go with m50, they looks like m90 but way lighter. And cheaper.
What you really should do is shop around and see if anybody has an older M109R sitting on the floor that never sold. THAT is the cruiser to buy right there.

A buddy of mine that gave up on his Vmax (long story) found a 2017 M109R BOSS that never sold and bought it for 8300 dollars.

What you really should do is shop around and see if anybody has an older M109R sitting on the floor that never sold. THAT is the cruiser to buy right there.

A buddy of mine that gave up on his Vmax (long story) found a 2017 M109R BOSS that never sold and bought it for 8300 dollars.
I was talking about m50 and m90. M109 totally useless for me, i ride mostly in LA. And vmax more than enough for that.

The 90 and 109R are the same bike with a different engine.
http://www.suzukicycles.com/product...bic inch, V,acceleration from idle to redline.
ENGINE M90
Engine1462cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 54˚, V-twin
Bore x Stroke96.0 mm x 101.0 mm (3.78 in. x 3.98 in.)
Compression Ratio9.5

ENGINE
Engine M109R1783cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 54˚, V-twin
Bore x Stroke112.0 mm x 90.5 mm (4.409 in. x 3.563 in.)
Compression Ratio10.5:1
Fuel SystemFuel injection with SDTV
StarterElectric
LubricationWet sump

Fun fact: The M50 and M90 are named for the amount of horsepower they produce. The M109R was named for the size of the engine. (109 Cubic Inches) It produces right at 125 hp.

I have had a few of the older intruder 800's very good running little bikes and have decent power for an 800. I also had a couple of the older 1400's to be honest I liked the 800's better.
My first motorcycle was a 1992 Intruder 1400. That was a fun bike to learn to ride on, and to learn to work on!

In my point of view, M50 would be a better option. As it is lightweight and cheap comparatively to M90. In the same way, we can't ignore the unmatched power of M90.

Latest posts

Back