Suzuki recall notice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Most of the Suzuki owners here may have already received this notice but in case you haven't...

Suzuki has issued a recall on several of their 2008-current scooters, motorcycles and quads. I just received my recall notice in the mail. This link has more detailed info (or you can ask your dealer to run the VIN on your bike to be sure).

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/01/suzuki/index.html

Cheers!

Blaine

Hmmm... My source a few weeks ago said 2007+

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Is that the part number you have Chris?

Recall ID #59474 - EQUIPMENT
Recall DateAUG 15, 2008ComponentEQUIPMENTMotorcycle AffectedSV1000SPotential Motorcycles Affected10000 Recall Details
Recall Date
AUG 15, 2008

Motorcycle Affected
2003 SUZUKI SV1000S

Summary
MOTION PRO IS RECALLING 10,000 AFTERMARKET BRAKE LEVERS, MODEL NO. 14-0415, SOLD FOR USE ON CERTAIN MY 1999 THROUGH 2008 SUZUKI AND MY 1998 THROUGH 2003 YAMAHA MOTORCYCLES. THE LOBE HEIGHT ON SOME OF THESE LEVERS ARE SMALLER AND DO NOT PROPERLY ENGAGE THE STOMP LAMP SWITCH WHICH WILL NOT DEACTIVATE WHEN THE DRIVER RELEASES THE BRAKE LEVER. THE LEVER CAN BE IDENTIFIED BY THE MARKING "JY 378" AT THE BASE OF THE LEVER NEAR THE PIVOT BUSHING.

Consequence
IF THIS OCCURS, THE STOP LAMP WILL REMAIN ON WHICH COULD POSSIBLY RESULT IN A CRASH.

Remedy
MOTION PRO WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND PROVIDE A FREE REMEDY. THE RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MOTION PRO AT 1-877-438-7831.

Potential Motorcycles Affected

Notes
MOTION PRO, INC.

Here's a better link, I think. The recall for my bike has to do with the charging system overheating. In my recall notice it also mentioned that the bike would not produce sufficient charging power for the engine management system and to re-charge the battery.

I am not sure how the nuclear crisis in Japan is affecting shipment of replacement parts from there.

http://www.worldnewsco.com/3560/suzuki-recalls-12-big-bikes/

Blaine

Only took 1 week for the inverter/recifier part to arrive at my dealership. As per the recall notice, the parts and labour are free to me.

Cheers!

Blaine

Latest posts

Back