Swing arm and fork stands

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenreesesr

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Vmax, and having trouble knowing what stands to buy for front and rear. Pre 2009 seems to be unclear. Their seems to be no area to screw in spools on the swing arm. Not sure what to do. Also wondered about a jack for the bike. I have cobra exhaust, so their is no center stand. Any help would be appreciated.

I just bought a set from the local yamaha shop a week or so ago. The main problem is that the swing arm is a bit lower than the arm on the right side. I plan on simply taping the right side up a bit so that way it will be even.

I use a pit bull universal stand to hold up the rear. I also have a 2 part pitbull stand for the front that can either lift the fork or the triple. I checked out the site and their main picture on the front page of the hybrid is what I think I have for the front:
http://www.pit-bull.com/

Here's the one I use for the rear. it's a standard spooled stand but I just hook the nut on the left side and the axle on the right.
http://www.pit-bull.com/mm5/merchan...duct_Code=F0028-000&Category_Code=rear_stands

Here's one they list for the gen 2:
http://www.pit-bull.com/mm5/merchan...uct_Code=F0083A-000&Category_Code=rear_stands

Cool, I was going to add little bungs to my swing arm, but if they can work off the axle nut and axle, no sense in making a set.

I ll check out the fronts.

Thanks again Sean!

Todd

Email me about my idea on a spool setup. We made one set but you may be able to make me some multiple sets that I can sell to other members and save my machinist time for other stuff we do.

Sean

if u have cobras a cheaper option might be to get a used center stand, . just bolt it on when you need it, theres your rear stand and if you jack up the front of the engine the front wheel comes off too!

I don't how this plays into it but the rear axle has a hole all the way through it on my 99, Could possible put a rod through it to use a stand on, although it might be too small a diameter to hold the weight?

I dunno, I've thought about it but never got beyond the thinking part

if u have cobras a cheaper option might be to get a used center stand, . just bolt it on when you need it, theres your rear stand and if you jack up the front of the engine the front wheel comes off too!

I'm going to try the center stand idea. Thanks...

Email me about my idea on a spool setup. We made one set but you may be able to make me some multiple sets that I can sell to other members and save my machinist time for other stuff we do.

Sean

Sean
Are you talking about a spool setup on 85-07 Vmax's? What have you come up with. The one post I read said they were using the axle nut on one side and the axle on the other side instead of spools. Thats fine, but what if you're pulling the rear tire? What have you worked out. Interested to know.

What we have made is a set of lower shock nuts that are also spools. Thread them in place of the stock lower shock nut and your ready to lift!

What Sean is talking about its this below. These came from a friend in the UK...

SAM_0440.jpg

Similar but all billet. Should be easy to make but then additional costs to get anodized or coated.

We've got to get this first set done and then we can start making more!

Email me (not pm) if interested. Still not sure on a price yet.

[email protected]

Get the pit bull which has adjustable dimensions on the pickups. It will in fact work as is but some don't think they are stable (it's plenty fine though).

Latest posts

Back