Swing arm choices input please.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
Well obviosuly I will be shopping for a swingarm. I would like some input..
Remember I am running a stock 15in wheel and dont plan on changing that.
If money wasnt an object I would purchase a Taylor made Swingarm in a heartbeat!!

1) Who is running a 3in over swingarm?
2) Do you have a traction problem, only answer this if you ride to the full potential of the VMAX torque.
3) High Speed Stability, better or worse?
4) What material is made out of, Steel, Chrome Moly Tubing, Titanium, Aluminum?

Price you paid for your swingarm.

Well obviosuly I will be shopping for a swingarm. I would like some input..
Remember I am running a stock 15in wheel and dont plan on changing that.
If money wasnt an object I would purchase a Taylor made Swingarm in a heartbeat!!

1) Who is running a 3in over swingarm?
2) Do you have a traction problem, only answer this if you ride to the full potential of the VMAX torque.
3) High Speed Stability, better or worse?
4) What material is made out of, Steel, Chrome Moly Tubing, Titanium, Aluminum?

Price you paid for your swingarm.

NYMAX had a billet swingarm for sale here. 900.00 I think, it is a Fisher brand from europe. Dont know if it is extended.

I bought a used 2000 vmax with a 1500 tourmaster and it came with the PCW 3" ext and braced swingarm.

2) Yes I have traction problems, sometimes, at the 1/4 but Due to the fact I never was able to compare a standard arm to the 3" on the 1500 motor i can only guess its due to the extra power. but my 60' times are 1.6's consistently and that was the first time I raced and probably didnt have the best tire, Bridgstone BT020, 38 psi and balding, and I weigh 240, not balding.

3)I feel the high speed stability is DEFINITELY better for sure. And personally dont feel it negatively affected the cornering.

4) made of steel

5) 700.00 to brace, notch and extend from PCW. plus another 200.0 for the Furbur HD driveshaft.

for this kind of money I would buy the billet one from Chuck(NYMAX) unless you want ext.

I have the same qestion, how its feel riding i corners with a 3" extended arm? (170/60, 17")
I allready ordered that arm and will get it in the next two weeks, i hope its not a mistke

I understand that its not going to improve corners or even have some bad effects, i just wanna know if this effect it very bad, or slightly?

Mine improved everywhere but I did a radial swap at the same time. High speed stability is way way better though, with a 200/50-18 Shinko traction usually isn't a problem either. Did mine myself so it was cheap, done with regular mild steel.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I went with a 3" over swingarm, braced and like Scott I added radials at the same time. Big positive changes in handling, mostly due to the radials I'm sure, but the Vmax "hinge" feeling was gone and I feel that the braced swingarm had much to do with that.
The longer swingarm will not allow turning as well as a stock length unit but I'm sure I'd never be able to take advantage or be at any more of a disadvantage with having one. Unless you ride the bike on road courses and timing the laps you'll more than likely never Know the difference.
IMO the longer braced swingarm makes have less flex and bike look better with the rear tire not stuffed up next to the frame.

The 3" extended swingarm with brace is the way to go, did mine and don't regret it, did not see any difference in the corner and bike look way better. I found it a lot more stable on a straight line.

3" notched, braced and chromed. No need to change drive shaft 3" extension. Very happy with cornering and high speed. VERY happy. Morleys muscle. Radials 200/50ZR18 Metzler, Michelin Pilot Road 3 front. 4-5 thousand miles both with "hard use"

If anyone is interested i have a polished alloy standard length and a 180 tire fits with no problems at all. Really light and rigid as its boxed type braced...

Attachments

• IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 85
If anyone is interested i have a polished alloy standard length and a 180 tire fits with no problems at all. Really light and rigid as its boxed type braced...

Does it allow use of all stock parts including the center stand? Any mods required? How much?

Yup stock shocks. Don't see how the center stand would be a factor as it fixes and bumps on frame and no underbrace on this swinger? No mods required besides centering it up with the pivot bolts... Price is 500 euros. can't get it lighter than this...

How much do you think that would be shipped to Colorado USA?
(I mean, that is, if no one else decided to take it. I don't want to jump in and take the arm if someone else wants it).

Vinnie

I'm in the market for a 6" stretched arm. Was planning to get the UFO one, but they are having issues sourcing the shafts. Anyone got some other ideas?

How much do you think that would be shipped to Colorado USA?
(I mean, that is, if no one else decided to take it. I don't want to jump in and take the arm if someone else wants it).

Vinnie

Are you talking to me?

Back