Swing arm installation question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darksunshade

Reaction score
Hey Guys! first post on the forum forgive me if I did this wrong. A week ago I took my swing arm off in order to slide in the shaft that i accidentally pulled out. So I was wondering is it possible to tighten the two swing arm bolts in a way that the swing arm is not center anymore making the rear tire sit in a offset?

I have noticed I would get a light wobble around 50 mph if i hit a bump going in an angle (ex: merging into another lane and running over a reflector) but that could be caused by me rising the forks. So Im just trying to eliminate causes.

I really appreciate any inputs and thank you for reading.

Re: Swing are installation question.

You can get a second swingarm pivot bolt/jamb nut from the right side and use it to adjust the wheel a little bit (up to just under 1/4").

So for stock swing arm installation do i work the left swingarm pivot bolt all the way in then work the right side in just enough so the swing arm is able to move?

So for stock swing arm installation do i work the left swingarm pivot bolt all the way in then work the right side in just enough so the swing arm is able to move?

left bolt (with the lock tabs) gets torqued to spec first - 72 ft. lb..

right allen bolt gets torqued next (4.3 ft. lb - yes low torque #). right nut gets torqued last - 72 ft. lb.

right allen bolt is what controls the amount of force put on the swing arm bearings.

left bolt (with the lock tabs) gets torqued to spec first - 72 ft. lb..

right allen bolt gets torqued next (4.3 ft. lb - yes low torque #). right nut gets torqued last - 72 ft. lb.

right allen bolt is what controls the amount of force put on the swing arm bearings.
Thank you for the directions, I followed exactly what you said and it worked perfectly. Since i freed up the swing arm and centered it, it rides so much better. Since I freed up the rear there is no more vibration and since I still run bias tires it is very important to have a soft moving suspension because the tires don't flex.

Took my hands off going 60 going down to 50 and still went as straight as a bullet.

Thank You again!

Thank you for the directions, I followed exactly what you said and it worked perfectly. Since i freed up the swing arm and centered it, it rides so much better. Since I freed up the rear there is no more vibration and since I still run bias tires it is very important to have a soft moving suspension because the tires don't flex.

Took my hands off going 60 going down to 50 and still went as straight as a bullet.

Thank You again!

Glad to help out.

Happy riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back