Swing arm lock washer removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't recall having an issue with this on my '89, but the '99 is being a bitch. The tabs of the lock washer are very tight against the left-side pivot bolt. I was going to go get a small cold chisel to create a bit of a gap before going to a small punch but wanted to check here first.

Cheers.

Mark

I don't recall having an issue with this on my '89, but the '99 is being a bitch. The tabs of the lock washer are very tight against the left-side pivot bolt. I was going to go get a small cold chisel to create a bit of a gap before going to a small punch but wanted to check here first.

Cheers.

Mark
Go for it !

Cheers.

Mark
The service manual says to flatten the lock washer tabs with a blunt chisel.

The service manual says to flatten the lock washer tabs with a blunt chisel.
So it does! Obviously missed that but in my defense, was using Clymer at the time.

Cheers,

Mark

Latest posts

Back