Swingarm color

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know what color is the swing arm....or what a good replacement color would be to paint over some dings?

My swingarm is silver....like this one...

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!h!FC1CY,-T6BQyNe0E31!~~60_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqZ,!h!FC1CY,-T6BQyNe0E31!~~60_35.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 14
Yamaha has several shades of gray they used on their boats and boat motors. Most Yamaha boat dealers have the stuff on the shelve. I used their outboard motor silver it has just a tinch of blue metallic to it. Looks great.

I went with black to match the frame i think it flows better from front to back i think the silver makes it stick out >

I went with black to match the frame i think it flows better from front to back i think the silver makes it stick out >

You know...thats not a bad idea....My frame is the matte black I believe, so I could do that, blend that area in....and draw attention to the right side where I want to do a kerker 4-1.

The gun metal sounds interesting...I guess that it would be personal preference on powdercoat or paint. Some people say that powder coating is stronger and less chip resistant, but some people say the same thing about engine paint, or caliper paint.

Pull it out, and paint it same color as your new wheel... And the pumpkin

LOL...I was hoping that someone would have a part# or a link to the replacement paint, so I could prep the area, and airbrush over some small dings. NOW....I'm thinking about possibly going matte black on it, and I would probably have to do the pumpkin as well....lol....that damn monkey....

Try to find pics first. Sean may have one... Just catch him when he's not busy, lol!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Maybe paint the fenders and side panels while your at it... Although maybe a different color than your rim/swingarm

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

My 97 was silver/gray but I had it powdercoated gloss black. Didn't want to detract from my custom paint and wheel striping.

Matched arm and pumpkin in black would look hot on your bike.... or a red pumpkin. That's why I voted for Plasti-dip. If you don't like it, just peel it off and change it.

Matched arm and pumpkin in black would look hot on your bike.... or a red pumpkin. That's why I voted for Plasti-dip. If you don't like it, just peel it off and change it.

True..all black....would show off the red stripe on the tires, that Ive worked hard to keep.

The spare parts list from a 2007 the colour is Silver (SL).

Attachments

• VMX12_2007.jpg
    VMX12_2007.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back