swingarm removal/ installation.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
Hello, I'm about to start tearing the rear end of the bike down. Swingarm and rear diff are being replaced and before I start digging into it I wanna make sure there's no specialty tools I need to buy before hand. Any input?

they are not special but long metric hex wrenchs would not hurt to have on hand and a 27 mm 6 point socket

Easy to remove & replace, I did mine recently, not bad at all, but use the right tools for the job, be sure you have an Allen wrench of the right size too. Follow the torque procedure in the factory manual!

When you're ready to put the drive shaft back in, don't bolt the swingarm first. You will have a very hard time fitting the shaft to the yolk by the engine. Instead just place the swingarm in its position and let it swing all the way down. If you shine a light in the hole you will see that the yolk is almost perfectly in the center, which makes it much, much easier to install the drive shaft. Once you have it in place, lift the swingarm up to normal ride height, supporting it with a jack stand works really well. Then bolt it to the frame. Otherwise it's very simple, you will need 10mm (top shock mount, and axel counter bolt), 12mm (caliper bolts), 14mm (diff bolts), 17mm (bottom shock nut) wrenches and I think its 26mm for the axel nut. I just did this yesterday :)

Latest posts

Back