swingarm torque?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffb

Reaction score
anyone know the propper way to tourque the swingarm pivots, without searching all over. Thanks.

Re: swingarm tourque

- Torque left pivot bolt 74 ft/lbs.
- Tighten right pivot bolt until it contacts the collar in swingarm. Torque 53 inch/lbs.
- Bend tabs on left side lock washer.
- Install lock nut over right cover bolt. Torque to 74 ft/lbs.

thanks, put solid motor mounts on bike today, I didnt realize how involved it would become.

i just did it a few days ago, wanted to check the tightness, everything was good, but i didn't have a problem holding the right hand bolt still while I torqued the nut on over it. just tightened it down and it never moved from where it was put in....

everyone make sure u see that the bolt on the right is in INCH POUNDS not FOOT POUNDS!!!!

- Torque left pivot bolt 74 ft/lbs.
- Tighten right pivot bolt until it contacts the collar in swingarm. Torque 53 inch/lbs.
- Bend tabs on left side lock washer.
- Install lock nut over right cover bolt. Torque to 74 ft/lbs.

Can anyone tell me why my Vmax service manual 95 says replace the cone bearings and collars. On the internet it says the bearings are needle bearings and when removing the swing arm they are roller bearings. Are the torque numbers above for roller bearings. [email protected]

Can anyone tell me why my Vmax service manual 95 says replace the cone bearings and collars. On the internet it says the bearings are needle bearings and when removing the swing arm they are roller bearings. Are the torque numbers above for roller bearings. [email protected]

It says that because that is what they are....the internet is wrong or relating to another bike.

To avoid the potential confusing foot/ pounds with inch/ poounds try Newton meters (Nm)
Which is 100 Nm for the left hand pivot bolt and lock nut and 6 Nm or the RH pivot bolt

Latest posts

Back