synch question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfreke

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find anything real similar. I am synching my carbs with the vacuum guage style tool, I can get the left carbs in synch with each other and the right side carbs in synch with each other but the left side guages are readings 15-17" and the right side guages are reading 5-7" and i can't seem to get them to come together. I know something is changing because when I turn the adjustment screw to much it will stall the engine, which is idling at about 1000rpm, this happens when I adjust the screw that brings left and right into synch with each other. should I be concerned witht he vacuum difference from side to side? carb and vboost boots are new, I sprayed carb cleaner all around and didn't get any change in idle speed. Any ideas?

I did a search and didn't find anything real similar. I am synching my carbs with the vacuum guage style tool, I can get the left carbs in synch with each other and the right side carbs in synch with each other but the left side guages are readings 15-17" and the right side guages are reading 5-7" and i can't seem to get them to come together. I know something is changing because when I turn the adjustment screw to much it will stall the engine, which is idling at about 1000rpm, this happens when I adjust the screw that brings left and right into synch with each other. should I be concerned witht he vacuum difference from side to side? carb and vboost boots are new, I sprayed carb cleaner all around and didn't get any change in idle speed. Any ideas?

First thing to do, if you haven't already, is to check calibration of the gauges, by hooking each one up (one at a time)to the #2 port. Other than that suggestion, I have no others. The carb gurus will no doubt have many.
Once I finished my recent sync, all gauges were reading about -10 in/hg.
Cheers!

Attachments

• P1010677.jpg
    P1010677.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 19
i think danny had an issue like this, one of the tabs had to be bent. if you keep turning the screw does it get closer?

First thing to do, if you haven't already, is to check calibration of the gauges, by hooking each one up (one at a time)to the #2 port. Other than that suggestion, I have no others. The carb gurus will no doubt have many.
Once I finished my recent sync, all gauges were reading about -10 in/hg.
Cheers!

i think hes running the one u stick in each carb.

The tool I am using is the same style as the one Miles posted a picture of. I will verify all guages read identically when plugged into #2 port. I will also check the tabs the adjuster screw work against.

thanks

Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly...to calibrate the tool I need to hook all four guages to the #2 port and the same time?

sounds like maybe two guages not returning to zero , zero them all and start again on my 85 you had to tinker between the left and right screws to get it to sit perfect where i wanted it

Back