syncing carbs with a single port vacume gauge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skooter

Reaction score
Is there a way to sync my carbs with a single port vacume gauge? I know it will be a pain to go from carb to carb but is this possible. also what is the easyest way to adjust the 3 adjustment screws for the carbs? Thanks
:ummm:

It will be a pain but entirely possible. You have to remove the chrome covers to get access to the manifold plugs and once that is done the access to the adusting screws is very simple. They don't take much to see a big change.

Also, unless you are using a restrictor the needle will bounce quite a bit. You can partially pinch off the line but that adjustment has to be reset as you go too. This comment may not make sense until you get started in your adjustments.

I use an expensive meter to do all my adjusting but there are quite a few reasonably priced gauge sets out there.

Sean

Theoretically it's possible, but in real life - aint gonna work. Either buy or fab up a 4 port sync tool & then it's a breeze. Lots of old threads here on this site about carb sync. Not worth the effort to sycn with a single gauge IMHO.

Back