T-Boost adapter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
For all who don't know I have made an adapter for the T-Boost systems so you do not have to monkey around with taking the terminals out of the connectors at the coil connection or splicing into your harness. They are a "plug and play" set up with the exception of changing one terminal out on the T-Boost , the terminal is included with the adapter harness. It is very simple and alot better way than removing the terminals from the bikes wire harness plastic connectors. Thanks G

I thought the t-boost was already plug 'n play? Or at least mine is...the little puck thing has a male and female "intercept" connectors that go right in the factory harness.

Depends who was selling it.

You are correct! This adapter came about because some are using T-Boost and then trying to use the Coil Conversion Harnesses that I am building. One of my customers said that he jut was going to throw his T-Boost set up away because the way they had designed it to connect into the bike harness. I was confused so I bought a T-Boost and found out what he was talking about. They had designed it so the coil pick up point for the T-Boost had to be dissassembled. This point was where the factory coils and the Coil Conversion Harness plugs into. So basically that plastic connector that has the 2 terminals has to be dissasembled to expose the spade terminals in the connector. So you can use a piggy back spade , to jump the T-Boost pick up point into that connection point . I hope that I am being clear on this. I am trying my best without any pictures. I have no camera right now so I will try to post one so you all understand. Also a picture of the T-Boost.

G

ok guys I have a few pics to show you the adapter

Tboostadapter1.jpg

Tboostadapter2.jpg

This will keep it simple for the people that don't want to cut and splice their harness or don't have the knowledge to do so. Also will help keep your bikes resale value if the prospective buyer doesn't see electrical tape and splices etc.
Thanks G

Thanks Guys! Also if you guys need any common crimp style terminal. I will have access to them in the near future. I should have no issues beating any of your local mechanic type supply stores. The cost to you should be a landslide less expensive than what you are paying now.
G

To, in no way, take away from the work gannon has done on this kit, I feel that with care a very nice job can be done with the original kit - which I used.

While it's easy to hack into a harness and make something work, a little extra care and attention can allow pretty much any modification look good and last.

But, when ease of installation and integrity of original lines are important, this kind of kit is just what the doctor ordered...

I'm glad to see folks like this churning out this type of thing for the Vmax.

Last edited:
I'd like to know if anyone here has successfully installed T-boost with the COPs?

On my bike it has never worked. The Off and On switch position work fine, but on T-boost the valves open at 9k instead of 3k RPM.

As soon as I get Gannon's adapter I'll put my tboost back in and let ya know for sure. I'll have to test it in my garage as it's now salt time on the road. I'll be able to see the vboost move at 3000 rpm tho. Standby....:punk:

Dale #2592

As soon as I get Gannon's adapter I'll put my tboost back in and let ya know for sure. I'll have to test it in my garage as it's now salt time on the road. I'll be able to see the vboost move at 3000 rpm tho. Standby....:punk:

Dale #2592

Dale, your adapter should be arriving soon! Unless you already have it?

Gannon

Dale, your adapter should be arriving soon! Unless you already have it?

Gannon
Do you have anymore tboost adapters for sale? Just bought my first vamax a 91. A guy on a fb vmax page was talking about tboost so i started searching and stumbled onto this site and found this thread. Thanks Frank..

Back