T-boost question?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Hello everyone I bought and installed a tboost from the guy that sells them on ebay and in the stock posiition it works perfectly and in the off position it kills the vboost just like it should but in the 3000rpm position it opens at 3000 just like it should but then closes again and it keeps cycling like that till the rpm's come back down. I emailed the guy and he thinks its my vboost controller but like I said it works fine in the 6000rpm setting, he said it could be vibration at 6000 is enough to make it work ? Any ideas?

I think he sold you a crap module.....if you hear the self-test when you turn the key on "the whirr.....whirr" of the servo cycling, then your controller is fine.

I'd actually recommend getting your money back anyway. I have a t-boost, and almost never use it. It just makes the bike run too rich at low speed and while it does feel like it makes it more responsive, it's been proven you're actually making less power. Yamaha didn't randomly pick 6000 as the "magic number".

If you really want to fiddle with the boost setting, get a SASY controller, which IIRC has 6 different RPM settings. A few people here have one and I've heard good things.

stock vboost controller? i'm sure morley could lend you one to see if thats indeed that

Latest posts

Back