t-boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
how many of you gents have the t-boost, this thing makes the max scary fast, the thing is whenever i have it on the all the time i can smell gas, anybody else noticed this.

Tboost basically over-carburates from 3000-6000 rpms. You can run prett rich at WOT so you basically need to tune the midrange for tboost.

Don't those have a history of going up in flames????:ummm:

Tboost basically over-carburates from 3000-6000 rpms. You can run prett rich at WOT so you basically need to tune the midrange for tboost.

what is WOT, i know it's hard to keep the front wheel down, or light up the ass end from spinning in first and second gear when cracking it:punk:

I love the T-boost---- no fuel smell. I do make sure the bike is fully warmed up before flipping the switch. I don't use it on the hwy. Wonderful for the mountain roads around here--- pulls out of the turns strong with no downshifting.
But my Max is mostly stock, others are prob correct if the bike has been modded a bunch.

Lew

I'm thinking of getting one of these. What brand is best, or are they all the same. BTW I have a stage1 kit, 4-2-1 kerker, and K&N filter. Would it be worth it to try this or not?

You can pick them up on ebay for around $40, or you can make your own for alot less. The plans are on Vmaxoutlaw.com. There really isn't any one better then the rest. Unless you are talking the Sassy unit. but thats going to set you back a couple of hundred.

I run one because I wanted to turn the V-boost off when I'm touring. It saves on the gas a little when its not on. There isn't any real performance gains with these. its been proven by the dyno numbers http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/tboost.htm. You will feel it in the seat-of-your-pants dyno.

got mine from here;

http://qualitypartsonline.com/

broke the switch tho on installing it (my fault) and emailed the guy. he emailed me right back with the right switch and was very courteous... i think he answered a couple other questions too..

works well also! easy install...

they have an ebay store as well, but i bought it right from the website!

Back