T-Rex Racing Sliders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aces High

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this protection on their Gen2? Any issues? Is there anyone than can vouch on these doing their job in a low side?
Thanks for any insight.0A227D19-1286-4BFF-9EB3-FCBD9BF461C8.png

First of all, what in the hell is a 'no cut' slider on a VMAX? Typically the term 'no cut' is used when describing whether or not fairings have to be cut in order to install a slider. I've got R&G Racing 'no cut' sliders on my Hayabusa but, last I checked, not a lot of fairing to get in the way of a frame slider on a VMAX. Kind of indicative of their quailty.

I've got sliders on almost all of my bikes and T-Rex would be at the very bottom of my list of sliders that I would choose to install. T-Rex are infamous for knocking-off the designs of others and, with no design time and crappier materials and quality, they cost far less than a similar, yet far better, slider from other companies.

Check out Sato Racing sliders and Sean Morley sells a Sato-like slider or did at one point.

I have them on my 2015, they came on it and they seem decent. I can't speak to how they perform or if they are knock-offs... I like them!

First of all, what in the hell is a 'no cut' slider on a VMAX? Typically the term 'no cut' is used when describing whether or not fairings have to be cut in order to install a slider. I've got R&G Racing 'no cut' sliders on my Hayabusa but, last I checked, not a lot of fairing to get in the way of a frame slider on a VMAX. Kind of indicative of their quailty.

I've got sliders on almost all of my bikes and T-Rex would be at the very bottom of my list of sliders that I would choose to install. T-Rex are infamous for knocking-off the designs of others and, with no design time and crappier materials and quality, they cost far less than a similar, yet far better, slider from other companies.

Check out Sato Racing sliders and Sean Morley sells a Sato-like slider or did at one point.
They seem to use the ‘No cut’ acronym in all their offerings.
I wasn’t aware of them knocking off others designs. All I know as far as the Vmax Gen2 is concerned, no one offers something similar. What got me curious was seeing a set on an Aprillia. The build quality looked solid and thought the design could actually hold and minimize damage.
I will admit Sato’s lower engine sliders look the part, but there’s no way in hell the upper air scoop sliders with their thin collars are nothing more than expensive bolt on bling in case of a standing tip over. Even then I’m not convinced.

I have them on my 2015, they came on it and they seem decent. I can't speak to how they perform or if they are knock-offs... I like them!
Glad to hear you like them! I spoke to their customer service this week. I asked how far out they come out from the engine brace as to offer some padding past the radiator and air scoops. He said around 7 inches which would do it. Would you say that sounds right?

Show me where T-Rex copied anyone else's product... As far as I can tell they have their own unique design. There's not much choice for a slider on the Gen 2 and Sato's look out of place. The T-Rex works well with the lines of the bike and the quality is solid. Yes, the "no-cut" phrase is a marketing term a little misplaced for this application but I can speak for the quality on them as I've put them on three bikes including the current gen vmax.

Glad to hear you like them! I spoke to their customer service this week. I asked how far out they come out from the engine brace as to offer some padding past the radiator and air scoops. He said around 7 inches which would do it. Would you say that sounds right?

Here is a picture of them on my Max.2DC87AC1-67D5-4F1B-892C-E81962B71433.jpeg

Show me where T-Rex copied anyone else's product... As far as I can tell they have their own unique design. There's not much choice for a slider on the Gen 2 and Sato's look out of place. The T-Rex works well with the lines of the bike and the quality is solid. Yes, the "no-cut" phrase is a marketing term a little misplaced for this application but I can speak for the quality on them as I've put them on three bikes including the current gen vmax.
If you’re a returning customer, that speaks for itself, thanks for sharing.

T-Rex is infamous for ripping-off the designs of others and then selling them at a lower price. Did they rip-off the VMAX design from anyone...couldn't tell.

Seeing them in that photo the first thing that comes to my mind is should that bike tip over what is going to happen to those lower X-brace mounts when there's 500+ lbs. through a 7 inch 'lever' being applied to them?

I've got no issue with someone running whatever it is they want, whether it's based upon form or function, but it strikes me as bad design.

I'll admit I have no experience with anything from T-Rex, nor will I at any point I imagine, so if they've worked well and they look good to you and the price is right then who am I to try to sway you one way or the other.

Seeing them in that photo the first thing that comes to my mind is should that bike tip over what is going to happen to those lower X-brace mounts when there's 500+ lbs. through a 7 inch 'lever' being applied to them?
Btw there is a 3rd mounting point at the engine mount behind the main radiator which would spread the impact exponentially better than 2 points, which incidetally is the case of Sato's upper X-brace protection offering ;)

Except the Sato mounts to the frame higher up where I would imagine it's going to be stronger but, in either case, I hope neither of us gets to the point of 'testing' which one works better. ;)

I think of frame/engine sliders like insurance...always nice to have but something you hope you never have to use.

I considered them but the decorative metal bit on the side doesn’t make much sense. It seemed like they would look kind of ugly after being scratched in a fall. I inquired about replacement pads and they are $60 each. I preferred having something where the sliding pad part is cheap/easy to replace.

if it got scratched I'm sure you could cut a piece of any type of metal to stick on in its place as a sacrificial offering

I considered them but the decorative metal bit on the side doesn’t make much sense. It seemed like they would look kind of ugly after being scratched in a fall. I inquired about replacement pads and they are $60 each. I preferred having something where the sliding pad part is cheap/easy to replace.
I would almost bet that if you were to get into a situation where you actually put sliders, regardless of brand, to the test you would have far more scratches to worry about than just the slider.

There not going to save everything but are meant to save the more expensive pieces on the bike like body parts and engine cases. Things like bar ends, levers, mirrors, foot pegs and mufflers are likely to still get scratched.

Back