Tail of the Dragon new record set?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I think I would trust that monkey to do the Dragon more than some of the riders that do it, if that famous decorated tree is any indication.

If I ever rode Deals Gap, it would be done at a nice, leisurely pace. I think I have seen only one vid of some riders who raced through there that I place trust in. (Trust in the riders) They did this on Gold Wings!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

That guy on the yellow Gold Wing goes by the name of "Lone Wolf" or something similar. From what I gather, he is a local, and is pretty much da-man when it comes to mastering the dragon.

Seen video's of this guy , I have never been to the Dragon but I know for Damn sure I could not keep pace with him!!

I would never be able to keep up with that Yellow Goldwing- That man flat flies!!!!! Impressive!

Jim....I do see that the little guy did finally remember to put his helmet on.

Not so dumb, that monkey. A good lesson to be learned there! ;)

Jim....I do see that the little guy did finally remember to put his helmet on.

Not so dumb, that monkey. A good lesson to be learned there! ;)

Yeah, any dumb monkey can don a helmet - I had to concede to wearing one myself when I moved to the state of Missouri (it's the law). :biglaugh:

Yeah, any dumb monkey can don a helmet - I had to concede to wearing one myself when I moved to the state of Missouri (it's the law). :biglaugh:

I'm happy to hear that! You've got a pretty good head on your shoulders, would be nice to keep it that way! :thumbs up:

I'm happy to hear that! You've got a pretty good head on your shoulders, would be nice to keep it that way! :thumbs up:

Should have seen me the very first year I showed up down at Eureka Springs and rode my 85 with the rowdy South Central bunch - basically nekked in regards to real riding gear.

Holy chit, that was FUN! That Saturdays' ride, plus having found this forum just a couple of weeks earlier, changed my life, I'd say. Three Vmaxes in the garage now -vs- being on the verge of selling my 85 to rid myself of the dreaded low voltage & plugged idle circuit issues. :punk:

Now you people suffer the consequences - putting up with me. :biglaugh:

The new issue of Road & Track has an article on "The King of The Dragon." Guy has an RX7 & is supposed to be '10 minutes fast,' which I assume is really-good, the article is about an editor who took a new Ferrari there to test this guy and he apparently is 'that-good.'

LEGEND: The record time for riding the Dragon is nine minutes.
True to some extent. There are riders past and present who can run the Dragon from the Overlook to the Crossroad of Time (9.3 miles) in nine minutes and change. These riders have been riding the Dragon for more than 10 years and know every nuance of the road. This was the original timed section for records back in the 1990s when Deals Gap Riding Society was formed. To be official one had to make the run from the Overlook to the Crossroads, turn around, and return to the Overlook. The total time was divided by 2. WARNING !!!! DO NOT TRY TO SET A NEW RECORD ON THE DRAGON ---- SERIOUS INJURY MAY RESULT, YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE HEAVILY FINED, AND YOU WILL NEVER BE THE FASTEST RIDER THERE ANYWAY.

From here:
http://tailofthedragon.com/legends.html

So, seeing that ~9 seconds is the fastest run, so ~11 seconds on a Goldwing is pretty good.
But you have to factor in that YellowWolf108 has ridden that stretch of road Thousands of times.
And apparently some, 1st time to the Dragon, sport bike riders have matched his time.

And I seriously doubt the Goldwing would keep up with this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rGbln3J4Sg

Nope the wing wont keep up with this . If I had to guess this video was most likely taken in November or December in the middle of the week that is personally when I like to ride it because the season is over & you see very few people out there if any. This guy would be dead trying to do this in peak season as many times as he was hanging over the line.

It is because of guys like the one on the sport bike, that I hate to go on the weekends. The dragon can be very fun, but idiots like that make it difficult for the rest of us. There are much better roads in the area to travel on. I also prefer the Snake near Mountain City outside of Boone.

It is because of guys like the one on the sport bike, that I hate to go on the weekends. The dragon can be very fun, but idiots like that make it difficult for the rest of us. There are much better roads in the area to travel on. I also prefer the Snake near Mountain City outside of Boone.
I am with you. I like moonshiner better & the blueridge & the rattler to

I am with you. I like moonshiner better & the blueridge & the rattler to
I love to check out the waterfalls and such along 28. The BRP is nice, but whenever I lead I get distracted by the scenery. Also the 45 mph speed limit is a downer.

Back