Tail of the Dragon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijacker

Reaction score
Finally got to ride US 129, The Tail of the Dragon last week with some friends and family. Although it wasn't the most scenic road we rode during our vacation it was definitely the twistiest and it totally lives up to it's reputation.

The bike in front of me is my wife, Shelley and our 13 year old daughter Sydney on Shelley's Honda VLX, I was a little nervous about Shelley running the Dragon with a passenger on the bike but Syd is a really good passenger and they did great!

The video is a little long, but if you ever wondered what the Dragon is like from the top down to Deal's Gap this is it. The only bad thing about the GoPro is that the wide angle lens makes the curves seem less sharp than they really are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9OLXp02NA&feature=plcp

Here is some pics of the group I was with.

Tim_Leslie_2.png

Shell_Syd_2.png

Josh_1.png

Dave_2.png

Chad_1.png

I didn't watch the entire video but your wife & daughter look like they did just fine. Looked like a great day of riding. An acquaintance of mine from south FL bought a home up there because he liked it so-much. Never been to visit him there, but mutual friends have. You got some great pics, thank-you for posting, and glad it was a safe time.

I didn't watch the entire video but your wife & daughter look like they did just fine. Looked like a great day of riding. An acquaintance of mine from south FL bought a home up there because he liked it so-much. Never been to visit him there, but mutual friends have. You got some great pics, thank-you for posting, and glad it was a safe time.

Yeah, it's a long video and it's never as much fun watching them as when you're recording them. My wife did great, she's only been riding (as a driver) since last summer but she has some skillz. I was very proud of them for handling the Dragon like they did.

My father, and I went there on the 7th of August. It was a blast, if it wasnt for the rain we kept running into on Blue Ridge Pkwy. I used my smart phone with a mount to record the video, but it didnt turn out as good as i had hoped. Drove from Richmond to I-64 , and picked up the park way from there. @ Parkway speed I got an average of 46 MPG.

Latest posts

Back