Tail Section Replacement.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impression7sp

Reaction score
I've read somewhere that someone has used an MV Agusta tail end on their Max to liven up the rear end. I'm interested in doing the same. Can anybody shed some light on which tail you would use and how tough the fabrication for install is? I'm not scared to try, just like to know what i'd be getting into. Thanks!!!!

It's available from one of the euro shops.

Check either (google for link)
Raats motoren
Cannes moto services
Tecno bike

one or all should have it...be prepared to bend over though..the dollar is extremely weak

I've read somewhere that someone has used an MV Agusta tail end on their Max to liven up the rear end. I'm interested in doing the same. Can anybody shed some light on which tail you would use and how tough the fabrication for install is? I'm not scared to try, just like to know what i'd be getting into. Thanks!!!!

HERE ya go M8...:whistlin: I typed Agusta into search...

krikey!! :surprise:Id never spend that much on a piece of tail....:rofl_200::rofl_200:sorry i couldn't resist.:whistlin:

Neil just did this.

I chose the ArtFibras design for several reasons.

1- I was told that they are the owners of the original mold that everyone else is recasting from now.

2- Pricing

3- Customer service was great!

I ended up giving about $249 for the unpainted tail including the lights, seat, and bitch blocker. It uses a Volvo tail light, and Ford marker lights all included with the unit.

Installation was fairly easy, I only needed to relieve the blinker areas slightly, and grind the lip on the front support a tiny bit to make it fit.

If you have a standard color max, you could get their painted version and have it installed in about 1 hour with nominal skill.

Sometimes they have them on Ebay in their store:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZartfibras

Or you can contact them by phone or website:

http://www.artfibras.com.br/loja/produtos_descricao.asp?lang=pt_BR&codigo_produto=55&tit=Rabeta VMAX

:cheers:
Neil

Pictures of the whole kit unpainted and one of the right side a few months ago.

Attachments

• fibra_01.jpg
    fibra_01.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 38
  • right_side_artfibras.jpg
    right_side_artfibras.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 51
I chose the ArtFibras design for several reasons.

1- I was told that they are the owners of the original mold that everyone else is recasting from now.

2- Pricing

3- Customer service was great!

I ended up giving about $249 for the unpainted tail including the lights, seat, and bitch blocker. It uses a Volvo tail light, and Ford marker lights all included with the unit.

Installation was fairly easy, I only needed to relieve the blinker areas slightly, and grind the lip on the front support a tiny bit to make it fit.

If you have a standard color max, you could get their painted version and have it installed in about 1 hour with nominal skill.

Sometimes they have them on Ebay in their store:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZartfibras

Or you can contact them by phone or website:

http://www.artfibras.com.br/loja/produtos_descricao.asp?lang=pt_BR&codigo_produto=55&tit=Rabeta VMAX

Neil

Pictures of the whole kit unpainted and one of the right side a few months ago.

I love that rear wheel, it looks really lightwieght:rofl_200:

Dare I say "nice looking tail you got there buddy!"

I love that rear wheel, it looks really lightwieght:rofl_200:

Dare I say "nice looking tail you got there buddy!"

wfcall: That's the Invisa-wheel we've been working on closely with NASA! It is based on the secret formula of anti-gravity drives and paper clips via quantum physic calculations.

Also: you must have seen those photos of my tail in my tight fittin' jeans :rofl_200:

Nice Bike Neil:thumbs up:, where did u get the scoops and how much$

Rob06: Thanks!!! Those are artfibras scoops also. I think I have around $100 in them. I bought the whole set for $750 + $60 shipping and had it in 2 weeks.

Scoops
Tail Section
Radiator Covers
Side Covers
Belly Pan
Front Fender

Neil

i'm actually the owner of the silver 97 "CLIMAX" with the mv agusta tail on it. i already have an 89 max with a tailsection very similiar to the one from artfibras. when i started customizing the 97-i wanted to end up with something noone else had. thats also why i went with the otec clear covers for the alternator, clutch, waterpump, midgear, and the cams. still working on a few mods like the oil cooler and undertail exhaust setup. my advise would be to price all your mods out before you buy anything-then add 25% to that number for the unexpecteds. there will be many! i've seen 2-3 sweet maxs that sold on e-bay for way less than i've spent on mine. if i had to do it over again i would have bought one of these other bikes, kept the 97 stock, and still have 6-7k in the bank!!! not to mention a third max.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 132.jpg
    132.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back