Taka by rockford

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kratzenberg

Reaction score
anyone know anything about these Taka's ?
I have a customer that wants to sell his and he said make him an offer.
its a 1974 that he bought brand new and has 500 miles on it.
he said it runs fine when its warmed up. I can probably get it cheap, just want to see if they are worth anything first?

Attachments

• untitled (5).jpg
    untitled (5).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 30
  • untitled (6).jpg
    untitled (6).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 35
Wow..never heard of here either..
Quick seach tells me that its a 100cc and they had a small market in the early 70s. .and it had a lil brother called the tora.. (or toro?).. ;)

What I read quick said they were good bikes..powerful for size, and some wld own again given the chance.
Anyway..seems rare, so getting parts may be tough. (Unless it shares parts w a major brand somehow)

Good luck.

T $

I have never heard of them either, kind of looks like a Hodaka that my buddy had growing up. I could never keep up to him... on my bicycle!:damn angry: I got him back though when I turned 16 I bought a DT250 and kicked his VW Bugs ass!:rofl_200:

I think Rockford was an importer for Bridgestone. The Bridgestones were very advanced for the time. Rotary valves I believe, and there is a famous series about Gordon Jennings using the BS 350 GTO to run 149 mph at Daytona. HE published a series of articles about the effort, and even included the porting specs and pipe dimensions, if I recall correctly. Cycle was a great magazine.

An interesting story about Bridgestone, they made tires and motorcycles, and Honda told them, "you can supply us with your tires, but you cannot supply us with tires and sell motorcycles." Bridgestone decided to continue in the tire market, and surrendered their slim market share of the motorcycle market.

The American business agents for Bridgestone also warned them about their tank badge, "BS" initials.

Back when I was 16, I lusted after a BS 175 Hurricane Twin, you could also get it as a high-pipe scrambler. I never got one, but about 1973 I got a Kawasaki 500 triple for a road bike, which was the bane of any Harley I ran across. My roommate had a brand-new 1000 CC Sportster, and he never could beat me.

Buy the bike if you can get it cheaply, keep it until someone wants it as a memory of their youth.

I'm wanting to say that the Toro was a Hodaka

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back