Taking the most powerful production bike and making more power.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
So today's technology is awesome.

2012 ZX14

Pipe and reflash only by Brock.

219 rwhp and 128 ft lbs of torque....

It awesome to see the horsepower wars back!

Lets see Yamaha offer 250 rwhp for the gen 2 from the factory. How cool would that be?

Its amazing that adding a pipe and flash only makes 219 r whp. Damn bikes at 200 rwhp from the factory bone stock. Gotta love the few guys in each corporation that are horsepower junkies!

With guys taking bone stock ZX14's and running 9.30's or better. Thats freaking amazing. I remember watching Rickey take a ZX14 to a 9.50 the first time and then lower it and run 9.30's. I thought WTF factory warranty and all!

Amazing day and age we live in.

Todd

What would really be awesome is if the other major manufacturers would join in the muscle bike wars again, like they did in the 80's. Can you imagine a V65 Magna updated with today's technology? A big ol' ZL1600 Eliminator? Suzuki did a nice job on the B-King so at least they TRIED, but since it didn't sell over here, they pretty much gave up. That's the sad part, only Yamaha has kept the muscle bike segment alive and then they priced the thing so that half the people that would want one won't pay that much for it! Can't win for losin!!!!

Brocks short meg hayabusa pipe and p/c 196hp. I might have to drop the coin on that set up.

Most people don't understand how much time and money so of us spent getting our bikes to 200 hp. many many engine tare downs, swapping parts, trying new things... and how you can just write a check and even drive it home! Of course the bad thing is that 95% of the people that get that kind of power don't have the experience to use it. I can't even think of letting some kid with almost zero experience swing his leg over Who's Chicken Too, jet it happens all the time at dealerships all over the country.

Of course when I was 18, I had 200hp in a drag bike... but I'm different...

Not yet Craig. That for the dragstrip.:biglaugh:

I wish the M109r had more balls to it. If that thing had at least 150-60 rear wheel horsepower I would own one already. Thats supposed to be a muscle cruiser and for what it is I guess it has some muscle. But Vmax power it is not.

Todd

So today's technology is awesome.

2012 ZX14

Pipe and reflash only by Brock.

219 rwhp and 128 ft lbs of torque....

It awesome to see the horsepower wars back!

Lets see Yamaha offer 250 rwhp for the gen 2 from the factory. How cool would that be?

Its amazing that adding a pipe and flash only makes 219 r whp. Damn bikes at 200 rwhp from the factory bone stock. Gotta love the few guys in each corporation that are horsepower junkies!

With guys taking bone stock ZX14's and running 9.30's or better. Thats freaking amazing. I remember watching Rickey take a ZX14 to a 9.50 the first time and then lower it and run 9.30's. I thought WTF factory warranty and all!

Amazing day and age we live in.

Todd

Those are awesome numbers for sure. Not too far off from what the 2009 Gen 2 VMax makes with similar mods, on Brock's dyno as well. The VMax makes Little less HP but a little more TQ.

Of course the 14 is a lot lighter....so it's a faster bike.

I'm going to be drilling Brocks About their power commander For the Gentoo Hayabusa In a few hours Well about 6 hours If what they told me is true I will have And almost new bike with 196 horsepower For really great price But I'm skeptical About the bike getting to 196 horsepower From just a pipe and Power Commander I will also be talking to Ryan schnitz About what he thinks he can do For the same price Either way I can't wait to hit the track with you hooligans In May Tom I got a hunch me you And Todd are going to Chewing you up a few tires this year

The Gen 2 Vmax isn't that much heavier then a ZX14. Obviously 80-90 lbs is alot of weight, but the ZX14 is no light weight either LOL. 572 lbs is what mine weighed with a full tank of gas before I replaced the exhaust. With the exhaust I am right around 550ish lb range going by weight of the exhaust I removed.

According to this thread on the Star Vmax Forum, 640-660 lbs on a Gen 2 Vmax with full tank of fuel.

Now compare a ZX10 at 410 lbs with fuel... thats a light weight!

I think the Gen 2 Vmax even at a heavier 80-90 lb weight and 327 cc advantage over the ZX14, has an even bigger advantage with the 10" inches of stretch over the ZX14 wheel base. 57.5 inches for the ZX14 and 66.9 for the Gen 2 Vmax. I think that is one of the biggest advantages between the two.

I think they did a great job at making the Gen 2 Vmax more of a drag bike than the original Gen 1 bike. The longer stretch of the bike and bigger motor obviously states that the designers wanted to do one thing and thats go fast! And fast they did!

Itgoes do you have a dyno sheet for the 220 hp Vmax with pipes and reflash? I could only find this one at 208 hp with MR12 fuel, full system exhaust, full map to match monster air kit.

TB21_Dyno.jpg

Here is the Brocks 219 video.

83783d1329399817-219-hp-128ft-lbs-2012-zx-14-pipe-brock14r.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siWCpC6l34c#t=130

Either way technology on these two bikes is outstanding. To be able to go that fast and have a warranty is bad ass!

Damn! Makes me wish i could get a job and buy some of that!!! I'd have to do too much to the ZX14 for this fat old man to ride it, so I'd get a gen 2 in a flash!

If only that check would come...

The Gen 2 Vmax isn't that much heavier then a ZX14. Obviously 80-90 lbs is alot of weight, but the ZX14 is no light weight either LOL. 572 lbs is what mine weighed with a full tank of gas before I replaced the exhaust. With the exhaust I am right around 550ish lb range going by weight of the exhaust I removed.

According to this thread on the Star Vmax Forum, 640-660 lbs on a Gen 2 Vmax with full tank of fuel.

Now compare a ZX10 at 410 lbs with fuel... thats a light weight!

I think the Gen 2 Vmax even at a heavier 80-90 lb weight and 327 cc advantage over the ZX14, has an even bigger advantage with the 10" inches of stretch over the ZX14 wheel base. 57.5 inches for the ZX14 and 66.9 for the Gen 2 Vmax. I think that is one of the biggest advantages between the two.

I think they did a great job at making the Gen 2 Vmax more of a drag bike than the original Gen 1 bike. The longer stretch of the bike and bigger motor obviously states that the designers wanted to do one thing and thats go fast! And fast they did!

Itgoes do you have a dyno sheet for the 220 hp Vmax with pipes and reflash? I could only find this one at 208 hp with MR12 fuel, full system exhaust, full map to match monster air kit.

TB21_Dyno.jpg

Here is the Brocks 219 video.

83783d1329399817-219-hp-128ft-lbs-2012-zx-14-pipe-brock14r.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siWCpC6l34c#t=130

Either way technology on these two bikes is outstanding. To be able to go that fast and have a warranty is bad ass!

No I don't, like I said the Vmax made a little less HP and a little more TQ. The same VMax you posted I think made 210-212 HP with BST wheels on it.

The 14 also had CF wheels on it from what I've been told.....

So you're talking about 7-9 less HP for the VMax but it makes around 4 lbs. more TQ.

And to just nitpick a little......there is only a 229 CC difference 1670 vs 1441. LOL

And again.....I promise you that Yamaha never designed this bike to be the fastest thing out there. It was designed for us old farts that have been riding VMaxs for 20+ years and want something exciting and new to ride. Despite it's length, it is not a good platform for drag racing because of it's weight and shaft drive. The 14 was designed with a totally different purpose in mind, and it fufills it.

One thing you don't see real well in the charts, only a little bit if you look at the TQ numbers at 4,000 rpm, is the power bands down low. If you were able to see from 2K to 4K you would see a significant advantage going to the VMax probably 10 to 20 lbs more of TQ everywhere in that range.

That is because of the extremely mild cams in the VMax. This provides no benefit at the track, but sure is fun on the street, again purposely designed that way by Yamaha to give the bike a certain feel.

My bikes only a 1352 cc so 327 cc difference for me. Not sure if you meant the MR9 in the Vmax, but if you read the bottom of the Vmax Dyno, they ran MR12 in it also. Brock likes to run MR12 in his stuff. At $25 a gallon though.....

I guess we differ in idea on what the Gen 2 Vmax was meant to be. Thats ok, because if we all thought the same, life would be boring. I ll stick to my thought that they built it to be a street light drag type bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvJmEuxoKNg

One thing you don't see real well in the charts, only a little bit if you look at the TQ numbers at 4,000 rpm, is the power bands down low. If you were able to see from 2K to 4K you would see a significant advantage going to the VMax probably 10 to 20 lbs more of TQ everywhere in that range.

That is because of the extremely mild cams in the VMax. This provides no benefit at the track, but sure is fun on the street, again purposely designed that way by Yamaha to give the bike a certain feel.

I am sure its probably more than that. I wouldn't doubt if it was more like 40-50 ft lbs of torque in the 2k-4k range, the max is strong down low. But that's also because of the big cc difference as well and the stroke difference ( 5mm difference between my 1352 cc ). The definitely designed it for that. I watched Rick rip off some nice rollers on his at Thunder and looked like a blast.

Todd

Latest posts

Back