Talk about a "crotch rocket"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
The redesigned-for-'12 Kawasaki ZX-14R. And by "rocket", Kawasaki claims it can pull the same acceleration as the space shuttle lifting off. Now the fastest thing out there with a tag holder.

This bike puts out 197hp and 120 ft/lbs of torque on a dyno, Kawasaki claims with the bike's designed ram-air effect at speed, it gains another 10hp to 207. Bone stock off the showroom floor. This bests out the BMW S1000 by almost 30hp(179rwhp) and the Hayabusa (175hp).

With a professional rider, it would run mid-9's consistently. Again, bone stock. No exhaust, no chips, no mapping.

Holy shit. I guess now it's no longer about the who-is-fastest since several bikes out there will hit their 186mph limiters, but now who can reach their limiter the fastest.

Wonder how long these HP wars will go before people realize that 200hp in a street-oriented motorcycle is beyond adequate, even for the most insane speed junkie. When you can reach ~150mph in less than 10 seconds, you're haulin ass.

For comparison, it's got about 80hp and 40 ft/lbs over a Gen 1, and weighs around 100lbs less. I can't even fathom what it feels like to ride something that insanely overpowered.

Saw a picture of ZX-15 factory supercharged that is rumored to be coming. They have a 1500 cc watercraft with supercharged 300hp motor. The article said without the intercooler it should put out about 250hp. Really nice looking package.

Saw a picture of ZX-15 factory supercharged that is rumored to be coming. They have a 1500 cc watercraft with supercharged 300hp motor. The article said without the intercooler it should put out about 250hp. Really nice looking package.

+1

I was just looking at it. Thats going to be sweet if it comes to fruition.

How much $? I assume they will sell at a premium, & would guess it would be ~$20K.

The "Head to Head" video tells it on the track, best. "Go, Rickey!"

Still wondering about the $?

It's not a game changer. It just ups the ante. Journalists have been saying that sort of stuff since the first CB750. That was a game changer. Now, the stakes just keep being raised.

I've ridden a Hayabusa at speed, and the FZ1 as it is currently modded will run low tens in the mid 130's. Sure, there are faster things, but if that's all motorcycling is about, too many will end up becoming part of the scenery rather than enjoying it.

Considering that $15k will annihilate cars that cost 10x, or even 20x that. Pretty good value.

I saw those patent drawings for the compact supercharger....as said the "Ultra" series of jetskis have had blowers for some time now. Then again, engine manners and driveability aren't as important in a boat as they are on the road.

You're right, "game changer" is one of those way overused "buzzwords" nowadays. Some new gizmo on your car's dashboard? "Game Changer". Re-designed tire tread patter? Game changer. New expensive super duper synthetic oil? Game changer. If motorcycling is the "game", the most that could be said is they slightly improve upon one aspect. New bike comes out that runs on pixie dust and converts into an airplane? Now that would be a "game changer". Until then, shut the hell up marketing department.

But "The New ZX-14: Totally Somewhat Faster than Before" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Considering that $15k will annihilate cars that cost 10x, or even 20x that. Pretty good value.

I saw those patent drawings for the compact supercharger....as said the "Ultra" series of jetskis have had blowers for some time now. Then again, engine manners and driveability aren't as important in a boat as they are on the road.

You're right, "game changer" is one of those way overused "buzzwords" nowadays. Some new gizmo on your car's dashboard? "Game Changer". Re-designed tire tread patter? Game changer. New expensive super duper synthetic oil? Game changer. If motorcycling is the "game", the most that could be said is they slightly improve upon one aspect. New bike comes out that runs on pixie dust and converts into an airplane? Now that would be a "game changer". Until then, shut the hell up marketing department.

But "The New ZX-14: Totally Somewhat Faster than Before" doesn't have the same ring to it.

"Love that Bob!" (The "Bob Cummings Show" for your information you young whippersnappers!)
95108_f260.jpg

Sorry, "Ra," I don't know if its motive juice is pixie-origin.

sounds like a deal to me! Not likely to spend that any time soon. I spent 1/2 the price on a 'home-project' instead:

you can see the 'before,' it took them < 1 hr to demo a c.b.s. structure & 7 hrs to remove it and backfill/grade the hole & lot.

Attachments

• 1315 facing east w-dog.JPG
    1315 facing east w-dog.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 30
  • demo before.02.jpg
    demo before.02.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
i I'LL SAY TWO THINGS , 1) THAT BLACK MOTHER FUCKERS ALL ME ! . 2) " MAN " 12:3/1 COMPRESSION , I WONDER WHAT TYPE OF FUEL IT WOULD LIKE BEST ? .:hmmm: . IT CANT LIKE THAT 15% ETHANOL THATS COMING ! . :confused2:

Isn't the Max up near that also? Know it's got a lot, never heard exactly how much though.

Ethanol actually is very resistant to preignition, pure ethanol has a r+m/2 rating of right around 100. E85 is generally around 95 octane. Many fuel companies make "premium" from "regular" just by adding ethanol to it to boost it's rating.

Reminds me of 1984 FJ versus Ninja. Fort Riely Ks. Doing 150+ up and down I-80 and back road to Ks. state. I miss the bike not the riding position, one of the reasons my back is shot. Sorry have I been rambling, another symptom of old age...

Back