Talk about a load of crap.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
From the newsfeed section, This moron needs to stay off bikes period.:404:

Man Sues Moto-Shop For Being "Forced to Utilize the Front Brakes"

[SIZE=-1]By Gabe Ets-Hokin[/SIZE]

"Don't use them front brakes, son," is what Beaumont, Texas' Daryl L. James' daddy must have said to him when he was a tot. That sparked a chain of events that ended July 30 with a court filing, with James suing his motorcycle shop for negligence when he was "forced to utilize the front brakes," according to the lawsuit.
Information is scanty. Apparently, James dropped off his 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 to have the rear tire repaired or replaced. He paid for the work and rode out of the parking lot to merge onto I-10 North's frontage road. When he attempted to stop before turning onto the road, he discovered the rear brake didn't work (we're guessing because the mechanic didn't pump the brake pedal after he re-installed the rear wheel), so he was "forced" to use that most dangerous of instrumentalities, the front brake. Really, Daryl? The Vulcan 2K has excellent front brakes: dual four-piston calipers and 300mm discs, but they're hardly roadracer sensitive. Anyway, he must have grabbed that front brake, because the bike allegedly overturned and James went down, suffering "physical pain, suffering, physical impairment, loss of earnings, disfigurement and mental anguish," according to the lawsuit.

James' circumstances highlight the need for basic motorcycle training, which is now mandatory in Texas. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic RiderCourse teaches two basic skills that might have had James avoid this tragedy. First, doing a basic function check-including brakes-is crucial before each ride. Second, the BRC shows riders how to use both brakes, every time they stop and slow, dispelling any lingering ideas of the front brakes being inherently dangerous. Used properly, they're roughly 70 percent of a motorcycle's stopping power, and are there to prevent-not cause-physical pain, anguish, and all those other expensive damages James is claiming.

[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]

Yup,
whats that they say ?
Oh yeah stupid is as stupid does !!!:rofl_200::rofl_200:
this guy paniced and fell down.
:smileystooges::stretche::doh:
<<Dave>>

Unfortunately........the rear brake only riders are not all that uncommon.....I would bet we all know at least 1......:damn angry:

Unfortunately........the rear brake only riders are not all that uncommon.....I would bet we all know at least 1......:damn angry:

I don't think I could ride with only the back brake (esp. on a VMAX!!)

The only reason i might be able to use back brake only is on a seriously extended chop, with a springer front end, out of fear it would snap!:ummm:

I don't think I could ride with only the back brake (esp. on a VMAX!!)

The only reason i might be able to use back brake only is on a seriously extended chop, with a springer front end, out of fear it would snap!:ummm:

The VMAX has a rear Brake ??? Ohh wait... is that the right side toe rest thingy? LOL!

It is pretty stupid he should know how to use the front brake but when it comes down to it he will win this case hands down because some one else that was stupid to. I test ride every thing I work on & every tech should just to cover there ass.

Back