Tank Mod! Unique!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnaVMax

Reaction score
A little surprise my friend did for me. Was extremely pleased with how it turned out. What do you guys think? The cap came from an old war plane. It used to have a concave shape to it to fit on the bird, so he was only able to flatten it out so much. I just need to find a rubber piece or something along those lines to pt around the edges and complete the look a little.

Also a view from my seat. Anyone have an extra rubber piece that fits around the gauge cluster? Mine just kinda wobbles around without it.

Just added the bar end mirrors as well. Not sure how i like them yet. Anyone have any better suggestions for mirrors?

Attachments

• P1300415.jpg
    P1300415.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 207
  • P1300416.jpg
    P1300416.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 182
  • P1300417.jpg
    P1300417.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 173
  • P1300419.jpg
    P1300419.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 172
  • P1300418.jpg
    P1300418.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 162
Looks good. With friends like that.....I'd leave my bike out in the open more often, never know:confused2:

A little surprise my friend did for me. Was extremely pleased with how it turned out. What do you guys think? The cap came from an old war plane. It used to have a concave shape to it to fit on the bird, so he was only able to flatten it out so much. I just need to find a rubber piece or something along those lines to pt around the edges and complete the look a little.

Also a view from my seat. Anyone have an extra rubber piece that fits around the gauge cluster? Mine just kinda wobbles around without it.

Just added the bar end mirrors as well. Not sure how i like them yet. Anyone have any better suggestions for mirrors?

That, my friend, is fucking sick :punk:
Hands down one of the best ideas I've seen.

That looks great, If I was to buy another max I would opt for the solo seat with extra fuel in the tail.

it looks really good, my concern however is in the seat. i feel like u might slip around a bit without the mid section.

it looks really good, my concern however is in the seat. i feel like u might slip around a bit without the mid section.

The seat wasn't quite built the way it's supposed to be. But that will be getting fixed soon. It is actually supposed to raise enough in the rear section to come up even with the tail piece. That way there will be a little more support.

Looks good. Is the rear fender/tank functional?

The cap you see in the fender is connected to the pipe you see in one of the other pictures that runs down to the original fuel tank. Everything is functional.

Ahhhh, I see now. Its not actually a fuel tank, you repositioned the filler neck and eliminated the center section! Wonder if you COULD make a tank back there?

The cap you see in the fender is connected to the pipe you see in one of the other pictures that runs down to the original fuel tank. Everything is functional.

Just a minor detail. You should be careful when refilling the tank in order for the fuel not to go above the original filler port otherwise you may get fuel getting out by the vent port... That you can also move upwards and then you can use the full amount up to to tail. Regarding the seat just refoam and reshape it...

dsc00194n.jpg

dsc00192yi.jpg

That bike is beautiful Weasel... Do you know who's it is? The seat will be getting re foamed soon.

Nice, the mirrors lookg great too. I'll never get rid of my bar end mirrors. The view behind me is way better.
Great tank fill mod. I have a feeling we'll be seeing that again, maybe with an extra little tank?
Steve

Well done! Love the way it came out, with a tiny bit of detail work you're there. Unique and something you'll be asked about everywhere you go no doubt.

That bike is beautiful Weasel... Do you know who's it is? The seat will be getting re foamed soon.

This belongs to a guy i crossed with this last summer in Faro. I don't know his name but he has a custom bike shop around there, he specializes on rat stuff. Not my league though. Go to FB and look around for Sandra Damiao. You may be able to find some info. Its the guys wife... and don't ask me any questions... :biglaugh:

Im kidding for the records...

I think exactrep sells a very similar modification. We had considered making a fake rear seat (or one with thin material) as an aux tank. Haven't needed one yet though.

Sean

Back