Tank Scratches on 2012 VMAX with 200 miles on it

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deathpulse

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am the proud new owner of a left over 2012 flat black 'max. I've got just over 200 miles on the clock and I JUST noticed a TON of scratches on the lower part of the false gas tank cover (nearest to the driver). It looks HORRIBLE - WTF?!?! Is the paint THAT crappy? This is a 19K bike?! Anyone have any suggestions? I also bought a 5 year warranty for it.

Hey everyone. I am the proud new owner of a left over 2012 flat black 'max. I've got just over 200 miles on the clock and I JUST noticed a TON of scratches on the lower part of the false gas tank cover (nearest to the driver). It looks HORRIBLE - WTF?!?! Is the paint THAT crappy? This is a 19K bike?! Anyone have any suggestions? I also bought a 5 year warranty for it.
Could have been damaged in shipping:ummm:

Hahah Rusty, thanks man you just put a smile on my face. I guess ill talk to the dealer when I take it in for her 600 mile to see if they can do anything.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I would put in a call to the dealer at this point to at least document that problem. Less likely to give you an issue when you bring it in for service down the road. Then again if it gets its first service at 600 miles I guess you'll be there next weekend anyway!

Other than that, enjoy that new gen 2!

He!! flat black isn't even a color to begin with. (black is the absence of all color - Art 101) Fortunately, taking the Gen II skins off is easy peasy. Sean Morley has an affordable (IMO) answer your dilema. Send him the skins, and choose the color of your dreams and give him the paint color/#, and he will have his painter fix that for you. My 09 came with ZERO color on it, and I chose 1970's - 1980's Chevy blue.

paint 1 (5)B.jpg

Back