Tax cut or not.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Quote from article on Obamas budget submittal.

"But the budget also cuts taxes for some taxpayers, most notably an expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit for 13.5 million low-income Americans beginning in 2018"

Really?

The EITC is and always has been a give away program, call it what you want but if a taxpayer works, pays in a $1000 in federal tax, files his taxes and gets a refund of $4000, How is that a Refund or tax cut?

Redistribution of income always was on his agenda so none of this is a surprise.

.....another case off media bias to me tho that they so willingly swallow the bait and call this a "tax cut"....

Just like they say it "costs" the government money to do a tax cut......it wasn't their money in the first place. ...a tax cut is a "pay cut" for the government, not an expense or cost......

The government has not had a budget in years. Part of having a budget means that income vs expense ratio is 0, it has to balance. The hole keeps getting deeper, one of these days the whole damn country will fall into it.

There is an interesting statistic that I heard several years ago. When the deficit was approaching 15 trillion dollars, at that time, 40 cents of every dollar paid back went to strictly interest. That is like having a credit card....with a 40% interest rate.

I wonder how much is being paid back now...in strictly interest, with the deficit at 17 trillion?

Back